|The Deadfast Club|
|Season 3, Episode 1|
|Air date||July 8, 2019|
|Written by||Brett Matthews|
|Directed by|| Kevin Kölsch |
| < previous|
| next >|
Ghostface is back! Years after a traumatic incident, a figure from high school football star Deion's past returns to haunt his present, as it threatens the lives of him and his newfound friends.
Eight years later, Deion is living in College Park, Georgia and is a student at Weaver High School and is a football-player, whose dealing with a scout from San Diego State University coming to see him soon.
Upon arriving at school, Deion finds a TWINS bar (candy) in his backpack with a note that says "Trick R Treat", then later during the day finds another TWINS bar in his locker with a note saying "Parking Garage. After School.".
During detention, Deion leaves after receiving a text that says to go to the locker room. When he gets there, he's tased by Ghostface, and left unconscious in the hallway. During detention, the group is invited by former student and drug dealer Shane to a party that night.
Later, Deion receives a threatening link from the self-titled serial killer "Ghostface," which threatens to do harm to the detention group, and Deion with no choice goes with Amir to Shane's party only to discover that everyone present there is wearing the Ghostface killer mask. Under pressure from Ghostface, Deion reunites Liv, Kym, Manny, Amir and Beth and shares the story of his twin Marcus, and how he was afraid to help him.
But soon after this, Avery is attacked and killed by Ghostface when thrown from a catwalk and is impaled on a wooden stick. After the scare, Beth reunites the Deadfast Club ( a portmanteau of the words dead and breakfast) at the tattoo studio where she works, where they come to the conclusion that they're being pursued by a serial killer and that according to the rules of the horror films, it's unlikely that the group will reach the end alive.
- RJ Cyler as Deion Elliot
- Jessica Sula as Liv Reynolds
- Keke Palmer as Kym
- Giorgia Whigham as Beth
- Tyga as Jay Elliot
- C.J. Wallace as Amir Ayoub
- Tyler Posey as Shane
- Roger L. Jackson as Ghostface (Voice)
- William Scharpf as Ghostface (Costume)
- Giullian Yao Gioiello as Manny
- Mary J. Blige as Sherry Elliot
- Tony Todd as Hook Man
- Gideon Emery as Officer Reynolds
- David Silverman as Mr. Fitch
- Kathleen Hogan as Mrs. Pell
- Patrick Johnson as Avery Collins
- Drew Starkey as Hawkins
- Jaden Robinson as Deion Elliot (Young) / Marcus Elliot
• The tile of this episode is a portmanteau of the words dead and breakfast and a homage to the 1985 American teen drama and comedy The Breakfast Club
• The opening sequence is similar to the first Scream with Becky getting a phone call asking what's your favorite scary movie paying homage to Casey Becker and her creepy call. However, Becky's creepy call was played for laughs so she wasn't killed, making her the first female character played by a big name actress in the franchise not to die in the opening sequence.
- Deion's confrontation with Ghostface in the school's parking garage is a reference to Scream 4 when Rebecca Walters was taunted by Ghostface
Behind the Scenes
|Season 1||Pilot • Hello, Emma • Wanna Play a Game? • Aftermath • Exposed • Betrayed • In The Trenches • Ghosts • The Dance • Revelations|
|Season 2||I Know What You Did Last Summer • Psycho • Vacancy • Happy Birthday to Me • Dawn of the Dead • Jeepers Creepers • Let The Right One In • Village of the Damned • The Orphanage • The Vanishing • Heavenly Creatures • When a Stranger Calls • Halloween • Halloween II|
|Season 3||The Deadfast Club • Devil's Night • The Man Behind the Mask • Ports in the Storm • Blindspots • Endgame|