|Stab 3: Return to Woodsboro|
Stab 3: Return to Woodsboro film poster
|Directed by||Roman Bridger|
|Produced by||John Milton|
|Written by||Will Kennison|
|Music by||Dante Paltrow|
|Distributed by||Sunrise Studios|
|Preceded by||Stab 2|
|Followed by||Stab 3: Hollywood Horror|
- "Stab 3" redirects here. For the in-universe released film, see Stab 3: Hollywood Horror.
Stab 3: Return to Woodsboro was intended to be a fictional film-within-a-film, appearing in Scream 3. However, following the studios' cancellation of production and due to the murders of the film's cast (Except Barry Barclay), the girlfriend of one of the cast members, a bodyguard of another cast member, and one of its executive producers, John Milton, another version of the film was released: Hollywood Horror. The movie's based on the book "Hollywood Horror", written by Gale Weathers.
Three versions of the script are known to having been written.
The film starts out with Cotton Weary appearing as himself, getting murdered by Ghostface early in the movie. Next, Candy Brooks was brutally murdered before taking a shower, similar to Casey Becker in the first Stab installment. Gale, Sidney and Dewey reunite to find the killer and put an end to this killing spree. In one of the script versions, Gale was murdered next by Ghostface.
Ricky Wafford joins the group, being an homage to Randy Meeks, but dies getting stabbed in the head by a pair of scissors. According to Jennifer Jolie, Gale is the murderer in Stab 3; if that claim is true, it's unknown whether this applies to all of the script versions or only the one she possessed.
The actors listed below were to play their roles during the original filming of Stab 3, directed by Roman Bridger. However, all of them ended up killed and the movie was likely rewritten to fit the events of Scream 3, being shot with a different cast.
- Angelina Tyler as Sidney Prescott
- Tom Prinze as Dewey Riley
- Jennifer Jolie as Gale Weathers
- Tyson Fox as Ricky Wafford
- Sarah Darling as Candy Brooks
- Cotton Weary as himself (cameo)
- Barry Barclay as Computer Geek #1
- Virginia Grey
- Roland Lake
- Will Kennison
Behind The Scenes
- Casting started November 1999.
- On the fake website, the film's tagline is: "The first one hurt. The second one hurt worse. This one's really gonna hurt!". This is a parody of obnoxious and stupid horror film taglines.
- In Scream 3, the only lines from the movie that were known were only Sarah Darling's character, Candy Brooks. One of them are:
- "We are not in any danger."
|Scream | 2 | 3 | 4 |TV Series | Scream (2022)|
|Stab | 2 | 3: Hollywood Horror/3: Return to Woodsboro | 4: Knife of Doom | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8|