|Season 2 | Number of Episodes 14|
|Premiere Airdate||May 30, 2016|
|Finale Airdate||October 18, 2016|
|Slogan||Trust nothing. Trust us.|
| < previous|
| next >|
Season 2 of Scream was confirmed by MTV on July 29, 2015. The season premiered on May 30, 2016 and the finale aired on August 16, 2016. A two hour Halloween special concluded the season on October 18, 2016. On October 14, 2016, Scream was renewed for a third season.
Season 2 picks up with Emma's return to Lakewood after several months at a retreat, where she tried to recover from the horrors of last season. Everyone is walking on eggshells around her, questioning whether she has truly gotten over the Killer's crimes. Meanwhile, Audrey is hiding her connection to the Killer, but is getting harassed by someone who knows the truth. Brooke and Jake are also keeping secrets—they are hiding a budding romance from Mayor Maddox. And, Noah is getting closer and closer to the truth about the season one murders. Lakewood's murderous past, both recent and distant, are once again brought to focus – with this Killer's psychotic mind-game intent on bringing Lakewood's heroes down in a storm of betrayal and bloodshed.
- On July 10th, 2015, executive producer Jill E. Blotevogel announced the show will be renewed for a second season at San Diego Comic Con.
- However, it was later addressed to be a false rumour.
- On July 29th, 2015, MTV confirmed that Scream was renewed for a second season.
- Bella Thorne and Connor Weil confirmed that their characters will be back in flashbacks.
- This however was proven to be false do to the fact that none of their characters appeared in this season.
- Season 2 will take place three months after the events of the first season.
- Emma and her friends will still be in high school.
- All the surviving characters in Season 1 will be back in Season 2.
- Season 2 will focus on whoever the killer's partner is. 
- Showrunner, Jill E. Blotevogel teases the possibility of Piper having more than one partner.
- We will get to know more about Seth Branson's past.
- Although the body couldn't be found at the end of Season 1, showrunner Jill E. Blotevogel confirmed that Piper is dead.
- Carlson Young confirmed in an interview with Afterbuzz that the Brandon James story is going to continue.
- Jill E. Blotevogel, former showrunner, said that one of the survivors of the first season would be killed in the Season 2 premiere.
- Jaime Paglia and Jill Blotevogel are replaced by Michael Gans and Richard Register as showrunners due to unexpected low ratings. Former co-showrunners were allegedly unable to fulfill to the Dimension TV standards. Although Jaime Paglia will be no longer involved with the series, Jill will remain onboard as a consultant.
- Willa Fitzgerald, John Karna, Bex Taylor-Klaus, Carlson Young, Amadeus Serafini, Tracy Middendorf and Tom Maden will return for this season as series regulars.
- On March 10th, 2016, MTV announced the new cast for the second season:
- Kiana Ledé as Zoë Vaughn, an overachieving High School student who is returning to Lakewood after disappearing for the last year. While Zoë’s not challenging Noah’s smarts in the classroom, she is working hard to protect a mysterious secret she’s been hiding from her classmates.
- Santiago Segura as Gustavo Acosta, he arrived in town with his father, Sheriff Miguel Acosta, who was brought to Lakewood after the death of Sheriff Hudson. ‘Stavo is a dark, brooding outsider, constantly observing everyone from the sidelines. Much like Noah, he is passionate about horror, serial killers, and comic books and happens to be a very skilled artist. Both him and Zoë will serve as series regulars.
- Recurring cast includes:
- Anthony Ruivivar who will play Sheriff Miguel Acosta, who grew up in Lakewood and has returned just in time for the new killing spree.
- Austin Highsmith as Kristen Lang, a young, idealistic high school psychology teacher who becomes a confidant and mentor to her students.
- Sean Grandillo will portray Eli Hudson, better known as Kieran’s (Amadeus Serafini) cousin. Despite his squeaky clean image, he might be hiding ulterior motives. His arrival in Lakewood brings along secrets of Kieran’s past that were buried long ago. Will Eli threaten the new life that Kieran has built here in Lakewood? Time will tell…
- Karina Logue as Tina Hudson, who’s proper and polite but has a grifter’s sense of self-reliance.
- Note: Some character descriptions were updated by MTV.
- According to Film New Orleans, pre-production started on January 4th, 2016.
- Filming for the second season began on February 16th and concluded in early July 2016 in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- On March 10th, 2016, MTV Scream's Twitter account posted a tweet revealing the release date as May 31th.
- On April 8th, 2016, MTV uploaded a promo for the new season on their channel, which revealed that the season will air a day earlier than expected, on May 30.
- On April 10th, 2016, MTV showed a new promo at the MTV Movie Awards.
- On April 11th, 2016, MTV uploaded three new teasers on their YouTube channel.
- On April 20th, 2016, Entertainment WEEKLY posted an article with four promotional pictures on their website.
- On April 25, 2016, MTV revealed six new promotional posters.
- On May 2nd, 2016, MTV revealed the official trailer for Season 2. In an online Q&A on the official Facebook page of the series with Bex Taylor-Klaus and John Karna, it was revealed the season will have 14 episodes this year.
- On May 13th, 2016, MTV revealed the first 7 minutes of Season 2 during a Live-Stream with Tom Maden.
- MTV released short clips from the Lakewood Six as a reference to Randy's videotape in Scream 3.
- On May 17th, 2016, MTV released two new teasers, featuring John Karna's character, Noah Foster.
- On May 18th, 2016, MTV released two new teasers, featuring Tom Maden's character, Jake Fitzgerald.
- On May 19th, 2016, MTV released two new teasers, featuring Bex Taylor-Klaus's character, Audrey Jensen.
- On May 20th, 2016, MTV released two new teasers, featuring Carlson Young's character, Brooke Maddox.
- On May 21st, 2016, MTV released two new teasers, featuring Amadeus Serafini's character, Kieran Wilcox.
- On May 22nd, 2016, MTV released two new teasers, featuring Willa Fitzgerald's character, Emma Duval.
- On May 23rd, 2016, MTV posted a new clip of the premiere, featuring Bex Taylor-Klaus's character, Audrey Jensen.
- On May 27th, 2016, MTV revealed a new video to introduce Zoë Vaughn, Gustavo Acosta and Eli Hudson.
- On May 30th, 2016, MTV revealed a new official trailer for the season.
- On August 17th, 2016, Netflix & MTV confirmed two special halloween episodes that will air October 18th.
- On September 30, 2016, Netflix added the second season of Scream in the USA.
- On October 11th, 2016, MTV revealed the official Halloween Special Episode trailer.
- On October 14th, 2016, MTV renewed Scream for a third season, however the third season will have 6 episodes. The new season will also have new showrunners and a new cast, making the show an anthology.
- Willa Fitzgerald as Emma Duval (14/14)
- Bex Taylor-Klaus as Audrey Jensen (14/14)
- John Karna as Noah Foster (14/14)
- Amadeus Serafini as Kieran Wilcox (12/14)
- Carlson Young as Brooke Maddox (13/14)
- Kiana Ledé as Zoë Vaughn (11/14)
- Santiago Segura as Gustavo Acosta (12/14)
- Tracy Middendorf as Maggie Duval (14/14)
- Mike Vaughn as Killer (voice) (13/14)
- Alec Rayme as Killer (costume) (13/14)
- Anthony Ruivivar as Miguel Acosta (12/14)
- Sean Grandillo as Eli Hudson (9/14)
- Austin Highsmith as Kristen Lang (9/14)
- Mikki Val as Laverne Shell (8/14)
- Tom Maden as Jake Fitzgerald (8/14)
- Bryan Batt as Quinn Maddox (7/14)
- Chase McCleery Bouchie as Eddie Hayes (7/14)
- Mary Katherine Duhon as Haley Meyers (6/14)
- Bobby Campo as Seth Branson (5/14)
- Karina Logue as Tina Hudson (4/14)
- Tom Everett Scott as Kevin Duval (4/14)
- Patrick R. Walker as Deputy Dwayne (3/14)
- Zena Grey as Gina McLane (2/14)
- Alex Esola as Jeremy Blair (2/14)
- Alexander Calvert as Tom Martin (2/14)
- Amelia Rose Blaire as Piper Shaw(3/14)
- Hunter Burke as Deputy Stevens (2/14)
- Sosie Bacon as Rachel Murray (1/14)
- Lele Pons as Leah (1/14)
|No.||Title||Directed by||Written by||Airdate||Viewers (mill)|
|1||"I Know What You Did Last Summer"||Brian Dannelly||Michael Gans & Richard Register||May 30, 2016||0.40|
|Emma returns to Lakewood hoping to move on, while a mysterious provocateur threatens to expose Audrey's secret and one of our won meets a grizzly death.|
|2||Psycho||Scott Speer||Meredith Glynn||June 6, 2016||0.50|
|Emma makes progress in facing her fears, until a figure from her past unexpectedly arrives in town. Noah pursues an unsettling lead for his podcast.|
|3||Vacancy||Jamie Travis||Steve Yockey||June 13, 2016||0.35|
|Emma's relationship with her father grows more complicated while Audrey's stalker raises the stakes with a bloody gift.|
|4||Happy Birthday to Me||Daniel Stamm||Brian Sieve||June 20, 2016||0.27|
|Brooke's worry over a friend's disappearance ends when a surprise party takes the Lakewood Six on an unexpected trip deep into their subconscious.|
|5||Dawn of the Dead||Oz Scott||Heath Corson||June 28, 2016||0.45|
|Another murder puts George Washington High into lockdown, and suspicions rise as Emma and her friends fear that their nightmares are coming true all over again.|
|6||Jeepers Creepers||Evan Katz||Anna Christopher||July 5, 2016||0.45|
|Brooke takes action on unfinished business, Emma and Kieran struggle with trust issues, and Noah's investigations lands him and Audrey in peril.|
|7||Let The Right One In||Rodman Flender||Steve Yockey||July 12, 2016||0.40|
|Eli takes Emma on a heated criminal adventure, Noah and Zoë's relationship intensifies, and the killer lures Brooke and Audrey into a deadly trap.|
|8||Village of the Damned||Gil Kenan||Meredith Glynn||July 19, 2016||0.36|
|The killer uses Lakewood's annual carnival to run Emma through a not-so-fun fun house, while Brooke lashes out at the entire town.|
|9||The Orphanage||Leigh Janiak||Brian Sieve||July 26, 2016||0.35|
|Despite their feud, Emma and Audrey discover why the Killer is targeting them, and a long-missing body of evidence is finally found.|
|10||The Vanishing||Kevin Kölsch & Dennis Widmyer||Eoghan O'Donnell||August 2, 2016||0.32|
|The killer further divides Audrey and Emma and uses Noah's affection for Zoë against him. Maggie and Acosta worry about secrets in their past.|
|11||Heavenly Creatures||Jamie Travis||Anna Christopher||August 9, 2016||0.35|
|Noah has doubts about continuing his Morgue podcast. Emma and Audrey become suspects when evidence implicates them in the killing spree.|
|12||When a Stranger Calls||Patrick Lussier||Eoghan O'Donnell||August 16, 2016||0.34|
|On the run and branded as Lakewood's most wanted, Emma and Audrey face off against the killer and unmask Piper's final surprise.|
|No.||Title||Directed by||Written by||Airdate||Viewers (mill)|
|13||Halloween||Oz Scott||Jill E. Blotevogel, Jay Beattie & Dan Dworkin||October 18, 2016||0.30|
|Eight months after Kieran’s arrest, Emma is struggling to focus on her future. Noah and Stavo have combined forces to create a best-selling graphic novel based on the Kieran Wilcox murders and Audrey is in a new relationship.|
|14||Halloween II||Oz Scott||Jill E. Blotevogel, Jay Beattie & Dan Dworkin||October 18, 2016||0.30|
|8 months after Kieran’s arrest, Emma is struggling to focus on her future. Noah and Stavo have combined forces to create a best-selling graphic novel based on the Kieran Wilcox murders and Audrey is in a new relationship.|
Victims of the Second Lakewood Slasher Killing Spree
- Jake Fitzgerald - sliced open with a scythe.
- Eddie Hayes - Glass smashed on the head; stabbed with a cork screw.
- Seth Branson - Right hand cut off; stabbed in the torso; body carbonized.
- Haley Meyers - Stabbed eleven times repeatedly in the chest and abdomen.
- Zoë Vaughn - Locked in a coffin and left to drown at Wren Lake.
- Quinn Maddox - Impaled through the chest with a pitchfork; Bled out.
- Deputy Stevens - Stabbed several times in the abdomen and back area.
- Eli Hudson - Stabbed by Kieran Wilcox; shot several times, once by Emma Duval and thrice by Kieran Wilcox.
Victims of the Halloween Special
- Prison Guard - Neck broken and twisted.
- Kieran Wilcox - Throat slit, stabbed in the back
- Alex Whitten - Unknown
- Sid - Slashed with garden shears
- Billie Field - Gutted with garden shears
- Sheriff Carpenter - Beheaded
- Jeremy Blair - Stabbed in the torso with garden shears by Tom Martin
- Tom Martin - Stabbed in the back with shears and shoved off a balcony by Emma Duval
Behind the Scenes
- ↑ Season renewal - MTV
- ↑ Surviving characters return - Season 2 spoilers
- ↑ Killer's partner focus - Season 2 spoilers
- ↑ Piper's partner, or partners? - Season 2 spoilers
- ↑ Seth Branson's past - Season 2 spoilers
- ↑ Piper is dead? - Season 2 spoilers
- ↑ Showrunner replacements - hollywoodreporter
- ↑ Return as series regulars - MTV / ComingSoon.net
- ↑ Pre-production initiation - Filmneworleans
- ↑ Film location - Filmneworleans
|Season 1 • Season 2 • Season 3|