There are very few policies which apply across all Wikia. These can be found on the Central Wikia at Wikia:Category:Policy.
Other policies for this Wikia should be decided by the wiki community. It's generally best to keep policies as simple as possible, and not to introduce too many rules. A growing wiki can usually do well with a few simple policies and a lot of goodwill and cooperation.
- You are required to read all of the rules. Being unaware of the rules does not give you the permission to break them.
- Use of multiple accounts is not allowed.
- The harassment of other users will not be tolerated and it will result in consequences.
- Removement of warnings from your message wall by any type of Staff (Bureacrats, Admins, Content Moderators, etc. . .) will result in a ban.
- Be nice. Any harrasment to a fellow user will lead one of the administrators, or chat moderators to kick you from Chat. If you persist on breaking this rule you will be blocked for an month.
- Excessive vulgarity has no place on chat. Cursing or profanities are allowed on chat, except when breaking #1 rule.
- You will be kicked from the Chat if you are absent from it for at least 20 minutes.
- No spamming. Continual violation of this rule will lead you to have your account blocked for an week.
- Spoilers are allowed, but avoid sharing them during the transmission of the episode. You shall also wait 24 hours to share them freely. We advice you to only share them on a private message with another.
- Don't edit someone else's profile without their consent.
- You can add whatever you want on your user page. However you cannot add 18+/NSFW content on your profile.
- Fannon is permitted only on blog, however it shall be related/inspired on the frachise.
- Every blog post shall be related to the Scream franchise.
- No post attacking other users shall be made.
While editing pages, you shall follow:
- Follow our Article Format
- Follow Categories guide
- Use only reliable sources while adding further information about unreleased content.
- You shall provide us a summary on what you have changed in case of large edits.
YOU SHALL NOT:
- Vandalize pages (Inserting false information, inserting inappropriate content, removing content from pages without a reason). Violation of this rule will lead your account to be blocked for a year.
- Add rumors on pages
- Give your opinion while editing.
- Add Speculations.
- Use unreliable sources to back up your edits.
- Edit the same page over and over, or doing pointless edits just to earn badges will be considered spam. Breaking this rule will have your account blocked per a week.
- RENAME PAGES. Pages should be rename by staff only. If you see something wrong or you think something needs to be changed, please contact one of the admins first. If you keep renaming pages while you are not supposed to you will be given a warning and later a ban.
- ADD RELATIONSHIP PAGES. Relationship between characters will be added to the Characters pages.
Media (Images and Videos):
- NO GALLERY PAGES. Pictures of characters will be added to the Character's page.
- No Sexually explicit material of any type. Adding pornographic pictures to any page will result in serious consequences.
- No Photoshopped images in character's pages, as well as Fanart.
- Try to avoid adding pictures with any type of logos (this includes Youtube, MTV or any other kind of logo)
[[Category:Policy]] to any policy pages will add them to the policy category. This is found here.
See also Scream Wiki:Simplified ruleset