|This article is about Ghostface from the Scream film series. You may be looking for Ghostface from Scream: Resurrection or The Ghostface from Dead by Daylight..|
Ghostface was named after a rubber Halloween mask. It was sold as a Father Death costume in real-life. The mask was inspired by the Edvard Munch painting, The Scream.
Ghostface often called his victims on the phone, taunting or threatening them before stabbing them to death with an eight-inch hunting knife. He occasionally asked his victims horror movie trivia, and stalked them in a manner reminiscent of said films.
Scream (1996 film)
High school student Casey Becker received a series of phone calls from a flirting stranger while she prepared a movie night with her boyfriend, Steven Orth. She realized her caller could see her, and that he had already beaten and tied Steve to a lawn chair outside her home. The caller forced her to answer horror movie trivia, and then gutted Steve when she answered a question wrong. Casey made a run for her life, but Ghostface caught her. He gutted her and strung her up to a large tree for her parents to find.
The next day, with the town of Woodsboro, CA reeling from the double homicide, Ghostface called Sidney Prescott at her home. Ghostface taunted her before attacking. She staved him off, but discovered her boyfriend, Billy Loomis, nearby. Billy was brought into custody, but Sidney received another call from the killer. He informed her that she "fingered the wrong man...again," implying that he was responsible for her mother's murder a year previously.
Woodsboro High school was temporarily shut down for the students' protection after Sidney was attacked by Ghostface in the school bathroom. With hardly anyone around, Principal Himbry was murdered in his office after school let out. He was later strung up to the flag pole as a diversion to get many students to leave Stu Macher's party, where Ghostface struck again.
Sidney's best friend, Tatum Riley, was murdered in the garage. Next, Ghostface seemingly murdered Billy Loomis in the upstairs. Ghostface stalked Sidney outside, where he slashed the throat of Kenny Brown. Ghostface stabbed Dewey Riley and continued chasing Sidney outside. Eventually Sidney made her way back inside the house, where she learned Ghostface was really Billy Loomis and Stu Macher. With the help of Gale Weathers, she saved her father and killed both Billy and Stu.
Scream 2 (1997 film)
Ghostface struck at a premiere showing of Stab (1998), the slasher movie based on the Woodsboro Murders. He stalked Windsor College students Phil Stevens and Maureen Evans outside the theater before murdering Phil in the restroom. He put on Phil's leather jacket and joined Maureen inside the theater, posing as her boyfriend. Ghostface stabbed Maureen to death in plain sight of the entire audience.
The next night, Ghostface called Cici Cooper at her sorority house. He taunted Cici before chasing her upstairs and throwing her off the roof to her death. This drew the attention of police and local partiers, leaving Sidney alone. Ghostface called and attacked her, but Derek Feldman interfered; Ghostface escaped after slicing his arm.
The next day, Ghostface scared Sidney at her play rehearsal before calling Randy, Dewey, and Gale in the campus center. Randy stalled the killer on the phone while Dewey and Gale tried to track him down, but Ghostface pulled Randy into Gale's news van and murdered him.
Shortly thereafter, Sidney received an instant message from Ghostface at the school library stating: "You're going to die tonight."
That night, Ghostface surprised Gale and Dewey in Windsor's film department with footage of the first three victims. The two ran, but Ghostface chased them down and stabbed Dewey viciously. Simultaneously, a second Ghostface killed Sidney's police escorts while stopped at a red light on the way to a safe house. He tried to kidnap Sidney and Hallie, who were trapped in the backseat, but he lost control of the car when Officer Richards died stopping him. Ghostface was knocked unconscious in the crash, which allowed Sidney and Hallie to escape. He came to and murdered Hallie, then chased Sidney to the theater.
Inside the theater, Ghostface revealed himself to be Mickey, and shot Derek. "Debbie Salt" brought Gale in at gunpoint, and Sidney recognized her as Billy's mother, Nancy Loomis. Sidney made use of the theater's set and she and Gale killed Mickey and Mrs. Loomis with the help of Cotton Weary.
Scream 3 (2000 film)
A woman claiming to be from the Stab 3: Return to Woodsboro production called the Woodsboro Police Department looking for information on Sidney. They refused to give her any and a month later there was a mysterious break-in. This would prove to be the work of Roman Bridger with his multi-voice changer. He didn't get Sidney's file because Dewey removed it to keep her safe.
Ghostface next tried to get Sidney's whereabouts from Cotton Weary. Ghostface called Cotton and threatened to kill his girlfriend, Christine Hamilton, if he didn't talk. Cotton refused, so Ghostface attacked Christine. He used his multi-voice changer to impersonate Cotton to confuse her. When the real Cotton showed up to protect Christine, she beat him over the head with a golf club. With her back turned, Ghostface stabbed her to death. Cotton tried fighting Ghostface off, but the killer stabbed him to death as well. Ghostface left a mysterious photograph of a young Maureen Prescott at the murder site.
Sidney dreamed that her dead mother came to her from outside. Maureen turned into Ghostface as Sidney approached the window. This startled her into waking up.
Actress Sarah Darling was soon lured to the empty Stab 3 production offices for a rehearsal with Roman Bridger. Ghostface appeared and chased her through the offices until he finally knocked her through a glass window and stabbed her in the back. He left another photo of Maureen with Sarah's body.
Ghostface called Sidney at her secret home using Maureen's voice at first. He switched to the sinister baritone and threatened her life.
That night at an informal wrap party at Jennifer Jolie's house, Ghostface struck again. He called Jennifer's bodyguard, Steven Stone, as Dewey, and then stabbed him to death. When the others found Stone's body, Ghostface cut the lights. He faxed fake script pages, tricking Tom Prinze into using a lighter to read. It ignited the gas Ghostface filled in the house and blew Tom up. Ghostface attacked Gale outside, but Dewey shot him. The killer fled, but left behind a third picture of Maureen Prescott. This photo included the message: I killed her.
Sidney came to Hollywood the next day to join Dewey and Gale since her location was compromised. Ghostface attacked her on the Stab 3 set and used a body bag to remind Sidney of Maureen. Sidney fought him off and the killer escaped.
That night, Ghostface crashed Roman Bridger's birthday party at John Milton's mansion. He seemingly killed Roman, and stabbed Angelina Tyler to death. He fought the others, murdering Tyson Fox and then Jennifer Jolie before subduing Gale and Dewey. He called Sidney and told her he'd kill Dewey and Gale if she didn't come to Milton's mansion. Sidney arrived at the mansion, and the killer made her pass a metal detector over her body, then discard her gun. He confronted her with the bound John Milton and revealed he was Roman Bridger, still alive, and confessed he was her half-brother. Roman filled her in on the missing pieces of Maureen's life and murdered Milton. He and Sidney fought to the death, and Sidney prevailed with the help of Dewey and Gale and Mark Kincaid.
Scream 4 (2011 film)
The Main killer of Scream 4 is revealed to be Woodsboro High School student Jill Roberts,she is Sidney's cousin. She was helped by Cinema Club President, Charlie Walker. Together, they played the role of Ghostface, fooling everyone around them to think it was anyone but them.
Jill's motives were to earn fame and fortune by being the sole survivor of the Ghostface killing spree, obviously affected by growing up in the shadow of her famous cousin. Charlie's motives were to recreate the Stab movies and to win the heart of Jill.
Later, Jill betrays Charlie by stabbing him in the heart and the stomach so she could be the sole survivor and make it appear that he was the second killer and accomplice for Trevor Sheldon, whom she framed as being the main Ghostface. Jill then stabs Sidney. Believing her to be dead, she further pursues her goals by self inflicting pain to make it appear as if she was attacked by Ghostface, but lived and defeated him. Just as she imagines, she gets her 15 minutes of fame, but it is soon shattered once she finds out Sidney is still alive. She goes to kill Sidney but with help from Dewey, Gale, and Deputy Judy Hicks, Sidney electrocutes and shoots Jill.
Scream (2022 film)
Ghostface calls Tara Carpenter whilst she's home alone, claiming to be a man named "Charlie" who knows her mother from "group". Tara believes this man could be her mother's boyfriend and so she goes along with the conversation, keeping her friend Amber Freeman informed the whole time. Charlie quizzes Tara about her love for horror movies and asks if she wants to play a Stab trivia game, which Tara is forced to play when the caller reveals he'll kill Amber if she doesn't. Tara plays along and mixes up a question about the original Stab movie and when she tries to run and save Amber, Ghostface appears at her door and stabs her. Ghostface breaks into the house and stabs Tara seven times and breaks her leg before being interrupted by the police.
The next day, Ghostface kills Vince Schneider outside a bar after he threatens Liv McKenzie, it is then revealed that Vince was related to Stu Macher. At the hospital, Ghostface calls Samantha Carpenter and reveals that he knows she is the daughter of Billy Loomis and will expose that secret. Ghostface then appears from behind the door and attacks Sam, who escapes. It is later predicted by Mindy Meeks-Martin that Ghostface is trying to create a requel to Stab 8 to appease the "toxic" fandom.
The next day, Ghostface attacks and kills Judy and Wes Hicks and then attacks Tara at the hospital where he kills Deputy Vinson and eventually Dewey Riley, who attempts to kill Ghostface by shooting him in the head. Sam, Tara and Richie Kirsch are lured to Amber's house at 261 Turner Lane to get Tara's spare inhaler and Ghostface attacks Mindy and Chad Meeks-Martin leaving them both for dead. After an argument breaks out between Liv, Sam and Amber, Amber pulls a gun and kills Liv, revealing herself as a killer.
Sidney Prescott and Gale Weathers arrive to the house and immediately know Amber is lying, so Amber shoots Gale and lures them inside. Sidney and Ghostface, who is Amber underneath, get into a fight and Richie appears to come to their rescue, only to reveal himself as the second killer. A fight breaks out between the group with Sidney, Gale and Tara killing Amber by setting her alight with hand sanitiser and then shooting her through the head, and Richie getting stabbed repeatedly by Sam before she slits his throat open, bringing the new killings to an end.
Scream 6 (2023)
Identities and Motives
Scream (1996 film)
- Billy Loomis: Maureen Prescott had an affair with Hank Loomis, which prompted Hank and Billy's mother to divorce. Billy killed her out of anger. A year later, Billy and Stu started a murder spree in Woodsboro, planning on copying their favorite movies and becoming heroes when they survived. Their plan was to frame Maureen's husband, Neil Prescott, and culminate in killing Sidney. It was then revealed two movies later, that Roman mentored Billy to kill Maureen and eventually kill Sidney since Roman made it sound like Maureen was the cause of Billy's parent's divorce.
- Stu Macher: Stu was a horror movie fanatic who followed his best friend, Billy Loomis, around. Submitting to peer pressure from Billy (and possibly being in some sort of secret relationship), Stu helped murder Maureen Prescott. A year later, they committed a murder spree in their home town, planning on recreating their beloved horror movies and becoming heroes for surviving the bloodbath. Their first targets were Stu's ex-girlfriend and her new boyfriend (Casey Becker and Steve Orth). They also killed Stu's current girlfriend, Tatum They eventually went on to kill multiple people however, he came to his death when he chased Sidney and bit his hand, which gave her time to drop a TV over his head, electrocuting him and kill him almost instantly.
Scream 2 (1997 film)
- Nancy Loomis: Billy's mother orchestrated the Windsor College murder spree out of vengeance for Billy's death. She also channeled her hatred for Maureen Prescott, who slept with her husband, onto Sidney. Mrs. Loomis found Mickey Altieri on-line and paid for his college tuition, giving him her motherly help and guidance. Secretly, she set Mickey up to take the fall for the entire copycat killing spree, planning on murdering him after she achieved her revenge. Even if anyone suspected there was a second killer, the persona she created of "Debbie Salt" couldn't be traced back to her. Sidney originally thought Gale was the killer, when Mickey told the second killer to reveal herself however, she used Gale as a hostage and Sidney noticed it was Billy's mother.
- Mickey Altieri: A psychopathic film geek, Mickey wanted to create a sequel and be the star of a trial-of-the-century type media circus. Mrs. Loomis found him on-line on a murdering kind of website and paid for his tuition at Windsor College, where he worked himself into Sidney's close circle of friends to make it look like he wasn't the Killer when the murders first started, however, Mickey actually planned on not getting away with the murder spree, wishing to be the center of the following media circus and debate on movie-making ethics. It's possible he wanted revenge for something, as that most of the Ghostface Killer's have another motive, however it was never revealed.
Scream 3 (2000 film)
- Roman Bridger: A director, Roman tracked down his birth mother (Maureen Prescott), who shunned him and told him that she already had a family. Roman, the offspring of a vicious rape, was not wanted. Roman mentored Billy Loomis to kill Maureen, and was enraged by the fame gushed upon his half-sister, Sidney Prescott. He planned on framing Sidney for a murder spree and walking away as the new hero. However, he came face to face with his sister and exposed himself to her. Saying that Maureen didn't want him and she had a whole new life, with another child.
Scream 4 (2011 film)
- Jill Roberts: Jill grew up in the shadow of her famous cousin Sidney Prescott. She felt like her mother loves Sidney better, which translated itself into an irrational jealousy toward Sidney's attention, and sought to take it for herself. Not wanting to work hard or get a job, Jill planned a murder spree in Woodsboro to achieve this. She partnered with her friend, Charlie Walker, who was in love with her. Jill betrayed Charlie, stabbing him to death, and set-up her ex-boyfriend, Trevor Sheldon, to look like the second Ghostface killer. She then horribly injured herself to maximize sympathy for her as the new hero. However, Dewey and Gale, find out that Jill was the real killer and not Trevor. They go to Sidney's room and find Jill trying to kill her but they got there in time to pull her off. In the final showdown Gale is able to distract the psychotic teenager giving Sidney enough time to recover from Jill's attack and be able to electrocute her. Jill recovers and picks up a shard of glass planning to stab Sidney with it but she is shot by in the chest by Sidney who knows the killer always comes back for one last scare.
- Charlie Walker: A film fanatic, he aspired to win the heart of Jill Roberts and saw them as a remake version of Randy Meeks and Sidney Prescott. Jill strung him along, and together they planned a new murder spree in Woodsboro. This would work to continue the stagnant Stab series, as well as propel Charlie and Jill into the limelight for surviving Ghostface's attacks. In the end, Jill betrayed him and stabbed him to death, stating that it would work best for her if she was the sole survivor.
Scream (2022 film)
- Amber Freeman: Amber was a fan of the Stab movies ever since her parents bought Stu Macher's old house. After being appalled by the events of Stab 8, she connected with other fans on a Stab subreddit, one of those fans being Richie Kirsch. The pair devised a plan to create their own "requel" to Stab and Amber revealed information about her girlfriend's sister, Samantha Carpenter, that she is the daughter of Billy Loomis, that they could use as the basis for their movie, as well as framing her as the Killer. They went along with their plan, eventually unmasking themselves and Amber is killed after being set on fire and then shot in the head.
- Richie Kirsch: Richie was a fellow Stab fan and another one who was appalled by Stab 8. After meeting Amber Freeman on a Stab subreddit, they devised a plan to create their own "requel" and they were going to use Samantha Carpenter as their Killer and Tara Carpenter and her friends as the basis for their movie. Richie tracked down and got close to Samantha, eventually gaining her trust and starting a relationship with her. When Tara gets attacked, he returns to Woodsboro with her and after a few more murders, Richie unmasks himself and is ultimately killed by Sam after underestimating her.
Scream 6 (2023)
"No, you listen you little bitch! Hang up on me and I'll gut you like a fish, understand? Can you handle that...Blondie?" -- To Casey Becker in Scream (1996)
"You should never say 'who’s there?' Don’t you watch scary movies? It’s a death wish. You might as well come out to investigate a strange noise or something'' - Still to Casey Becker
"What's your favorite scary movie?"
"I guess you've fingered the wrong guy...AGAIN!" -- To Sidney Prescott for accusing Billy Loomis
"SURPRISE, SIDNEY!" - To Sidney after the reveal in Scream (1996)
"You wish it was Ted! Don't forget to set the alarm!!" -- To Cici Cooper in Scream 2.
"Have you ever felt a knife cut through human flesh and scrape the bone beneath?" -- To Randy Meeks shortly before his death.
"...And it's called, Sarah gets skewered like a fuckin' PIG!" -- To Sarah Darling in Scream 3.
"Think of me as your director, your in my movie, you've got a fun part so don't blow it". -- To Jenny Randall in Scream 4.
"This isn't a comedy, it's a horror film. People live, people die and you'd better start running." Scream 4
"...Same one Marnie's in, only her part got cut WAY back, but you... you're the DUMB BLONDE WITH THE BIG TITS! We'll have some fun with you before you die" Scream 4
"I'm gunna slit your eyelids so that you can't blink when I stab you in the face"- To Sidney Prescott in Scream 4
"It was a simple game, Cotton. You should have told me where Sidney was. Now, YOU LOSE!" -- Scream 3.
"NONE OF THE ABOVE!" - To Kirby missing a trivia question Scream 4.
"YOU HANG UP ON ME I'LL CUT THROUGH YOUR NECK TILL I FEEL BONE!" - To Sherrie in Stab 6 within Stab 7
,,Would you like to play a game, Tara?'' - To Tara Carpenter in Scream (2022)
,,Really? You can’t save your own sister? All you have to do is say, “Kill Richie”! Or say, “Kill Tara'', and I’ll make sure to hit all the organs I missed last time!'' - To Sam Carpenter in Scream (2022)
Behind the Mask
There is much debate and speculation about which killer is Ghostface during the series. Some instances are obvious while others can be argued endlessly. It is believed Kevin Williamson revealed who he intended to wear the costume in comments made through the years concerning the first Scream. If any can be verified please link to source.
Maureen Prescott's murder: Billy and Stu committed the murder, as referenced in their dialogue. But it is unknown whether or not they wore the Ghostface costume. In the Stab 3 flashback set, Maureen's body is seen with a phone, suggesting she was at least called by them first.
Casey's phone calls: Billy called Casey and he was the Ghostface at the front of the house. That was confirmed by Kevin Williamson.
Casey and Steve's murders: Billy and Stu were present because Ghostface is at both entrances. It is implied these two were killed because Casey dumped Stu for Steve. The Ghostface that gutted Steve was logically the Ghostface at the back entrance of the house who is Stu as that is where Steve's body has been placed. The Ghostface that is seen running around the house after a chair is thrown through the patio doors was the Ghostface in the back as Ghostface came from the back of the house (still Stu). After Casey was attacked in window by Stu, she got caught by Billy. We know this is Billy who attacked Casey, because his M.O was stabbing his victims with one hand and chocking them, like he did with Sidney in the final scene. After being stabbed and chocked, Casey removes the mask of the Ghostface from the bushes and recognizes the face she sees, meaning that this is Billy, because he is Stu's best friend. Stu assisted Billy in gutting and hanging Casey from the tree due to how quickly this action was executed.
Sidney's first phone call: Billy is seen with a phone and appears at the bedroom window too soon after Sidney locks herself in her bedroom. The Killer in the call showed great hatred for Maureen Prescott, which fits Billy.
Sidney's house attack: Stu was the one, who attacked Sidney. For Billy to be Ghostface here he would have to have run downstairs, go outside to run around the perimeter of the house, ditched the Ghostface costume, and climbed into Sidney's second story window in a matter of seconds. This is further proven if one listens carefully as Ghostface chases, receives blows and is tripped by Sidney as he continuously grunts with his voice attributing to that of Stu.
Call at the Riley house: Stu called to 'prove' Billy was innocent since he was locked up at the time.
Sidney's bathroom attack: It was a prankster, because Ghostface didn't have knife.
Principal Himbry's murder: This murder was most likely Billy as his whereabouts were unknown at the time. Stu was seen with Sidney and Tatum outside the school, but left somewhere unknown. Even though Stu left somewhere, Billy had the better chance of killing Mr. Himbry.
Stalking Sidney and Tatum: It couldn't be a prankster, because Ghostface clearly wanted to know more about Sidney and Tatum. Evidence lays more on Billy. Billy was the one that attacked both of them and possibly wanted to know more about them.
Tatum's murder: Billy was behind the mask in this scene. Stu was the host of the party and he wouldn't be able to disappear for a few minutes as he would have been noticed. He only closed the garage door. It should also be noted that Billy arrives at the party right after Tatum's murder and gives Stu signs that he has killed Tatum.
Billy's fake 'murder': Obviously Stu because Billy is seen.
Sidney's chase: Ghostface in this scene is still the same person, who 'killed' Billy, which is Stu.
Randy's near murder: Stu, because Billy was still playing dead upstairs. We can also see Ghostface holding knife with two hands, which is Stu's M.O.
Kenny's murder: It is the same Ghostface, who near killed Randy, which is Stu.
Dewey's and Sidney's attack: Billy, he hears Dewey yell, puts on the costume, goes downstairs and stabs him, chases Sidney. Stu was checking to see if Gale was dead and was around that area, not the house. That explains why Randy was blaming Stu for killing the people because he was stalking him since he was already outside when Gale hit him with a phone.
Sidney's car attack: It is the same Ghostface, who attacked Dewey, which is Billy.
Randy's shooting: Billy shoots Randy without costume.
Neil Prescott's abduction: Billy and Stu kidnapped him in order for them to frame him, because they both wanted people to believe that Neil Prescott was the killer. It is possible, that Billy after Steven and Casey's murders didn't come alone to Sidney's house, but he came with Stu. When Billy distracted Sidney, Stu attacked and kidnapped Neil.
Gale's attack: Billy is doing it without costume.
Billy's closet attack: We witness this.
Stu's murder: Billy stabbed Stu so they can cover any trace of them being the killers. Then Stu stabbed Billy because Billy already stabbed Stu to cover any trace. Billy then stabs him again because Stu was blaming movies for creating psychos, but both are still alive. After, Sidney stabs Billy with an umbrella, Stu emerges from the Kitchen and attacks Sidney. Sidney manages to get the upper hand, and drops a TV on Stu's head, which kills him.
Randy and Sidney's attacks: Billy is doing it without costume.
Billy's murder: Billy stabbed Stu because they wanted to cover any trace of them killing everyone. Billy is stabbed once by Stu because they wanted to try and cover any trace of them being the killer. Billy then stabbed Stu for blaming movies for making psychos, but both are still alive. While Billy is trying to find and kill Sidney, he gets distracted and Sidney stabs him in the chest with an umbrella twice. Billy then hits Randy and chokes Sidney. Sidney then pokes Billy hard where he got stabbed with the umbrella. Billy is about to stab Sidney, but is shot by Gale. Still alive, Billy scares Randy and Gale, but not Sidney, and is shot by Sidney in the head, killing him.
Scream 2 (1997)
Phil's and Maureen murders: Nancy kills Phil and gives Mickey his jacket to trick Maureen into thinking he's her boyfriend. She touches him and isn't suspicious, pointing at Mickey being Ghostface here. His body is similar enough to Phil's to fool her, while Nancy would be obvious. Nancy likely kills Phil as you can hear a women's voice can be heard in the other stall. The most likely scenario is that - to save time - Nancy probably hid Phil's body while Mickey put on Phil's clothing.
Sidney's prank call: Cory Gillis, we witness this.
Cici's phone calls: We know there's two killers because when Cici's friend is talking to "Ted" on the phone there is a killer sneaking in behind Cici without a phone at the same time "Ted" is talking. Mickey didn't arrive at the party until the scene that followed the murder of Cici. However, Nancy was in front of the house after Cici was murdered. Mickey was likely the one who filmed and called Cici. The caller needed to know somethings about Cici like who's her boyfriend and know if her house has an alarm, pointing the caller being Mickey as they are in the same class.
Cici's murder: When Ghostface jumps out of the closet, you can hear noises coming from him. However it couldn't be Nancy or Mickey's voice as they do not sound like that. This could only mean that it was Ghostface making those noises. Because likely Mickey was the one, who called Cici, Nancy was the Ghostface, who killed her. You can hear a women's grunt when Cici throws a bike at Ghostface making Nancy being the killer.
Sidney's phone call: Nancy, the call was personal for SIdney.
Sidney's Greek house attack: Nancy, because she told Gale she had a deadline after the scene where Cici was murdered. Mrs. Loomis also wanted revenge on Sidney and Gale for killing her son, Billy. The killer was eager to attack Sidney during the attack, making the killer being Nancy.
Derek's injury: It is still the same Ghostface, who attacked Sidney, which is Nancy.
Sidney's theater scare: This was Mickey because right after Ghostface came in front of Sidney, Ghostface immediately goes to the exit. Also Nancy seems to have little knowledge of the stage during the end of the movie. Derek even told Sidney that he and Mickey swapped right after Ghostface scares Sidney giving Mickey a better chance of being Ghostface. The Ghostface seemed to know what to do in the play and how to scare Sidney, making the killer being Mickey as he goes to that school.
Randy's phone call: Ghostface, who called Randy, it's the same Ghostface, who killed Randy (look below).
Randy's murder: Nancy takes credit for taunting Randy on the phone and killing him.
Sidney's IM: Mickey, as he would have access to the college's computers and have a reason to be in the library, which Nancy would not.
Gale and Dewey's attack: Both were there. The one who pops up behind Gale and later attacks Dewey is Nancy, as just after Dewey was stabbed, the killer constantly waves the knife around while trying to barricade into the room so that he could kill Gale, which is more like Nancy. Nancy also said that she wanted revenge of her son's death. the one recording the murders and filming Gale and Dewey was Mickey because their is already another killer behind Gale, which is Nancy, because you can hear a woman's grunt when Ghostface failed to stab Gale. Ghostface seemed to have about the same height as Gale, but Nancy is shorter than Mickey. Nancy is about the same height as Gale but Mickey is taller than both of them. Meaning the killer to be Nancy.
Andrews', Richards', and Hallie's murders: Gale's locked in the room and Mickey and Nancy can't get to her, and they know Sidney is leaving town, so Loomis sends Mickey like a good boy to go stop her. No way in hell Mrs. Loomis would risk going up against two armed cops, let alone kill anyone besides Sidney and Gale since she was the killer who only wanted 'good old fashioned revenge.' Also, when Mickey reveals himself as one of the killers, you see a large cut on his forehead which indicates that he was the one driving the cop car and then crashing it, killing Officer Richards, and knocking himself unconscious.
Derek's murder: During the movie, Ghostface/Nancy attacks and slashed Derek's arm, damaging him severely. Mickey shoots him in the chest after revealing he is one of the killers.
Mickey's shooting: Nancy is doing it without costume, she betrays her accomplice.
Gale's shooting: Mickey is doing it without costume.
Nancy's murder: Nancy is about to kill Sidney, but Cotton comes up in front of them with a gun. Nancy tries to convince Cotton to kill Sidney, but it failed and he shoots Mrs. Loomis in the throat. Sidney later shoots Mrs. Loomis in the head just in case if she was still alive.
Mickey's murder: Nancy betrays and shoots Mickey in the chest a few times, gravely wounding him. Later, and still alive, Sidney and Gale shoot him in the chest several times which leads to his death.
Scream 3 (2000)
All Phone Calls: Roman is revealed to be sole killer.
All Attacks: Roman is revealed to be sole killer.
All Murders: Roman is revealed to be sole killer.
Roman's Death: While he is attacking Sidney, she grabs an icepick and stabs him in the back a few times, and once in the heart. Not dead, he runs up to Sidney, Gale, and Dewey, but Dewey shoots him in the chest several times. Since he is wearing a bullet proof vest, Sidney tells Dewey to shoot Roman in the head, which kills him.
Scream 4 (2011)
Marnie's murder: Both killers were present. Charlie was the one, who killed Marnie, because his M.O was stabbing his victim multiple times as Jill stabbed once.
Jenny's phone call: After Charlie killed Marnie, Jill took the body and when Charlie started talking on the phone with Jenny both of them threw Marnie body throught the window.
Jenny's and Marnie's murders: Jill chased Jenny and killed her by crushing her back with a garage door and then stabbing her while Charlie who went to the garage door from outside the house filmed Jenny's murder. The reason for Jill killing Jenny was because she was the girl Trevor cheated with. Jill also wanted everything to do with the first kills since they were meant as a signal to everyone that Ghostface is back.
Olivia and Jill's phone calls: Charlie, because Jill cannot call herself.
Sidney's car boot: Most evidence points towards Charlie. As Jill was with Kirby and Olivia since she left her house, the same day Sidney and Rebecca arrived at Woodsboro, while Charlie's whereabouts are not established until the beginning of school. It is more likely that Charlie planted the blood, Out of the Darkness novels and Ghostface merchandise in Sidney's car boot while no-one was around because Jill would probably still be with Kirby and Olivia at the time.
Jill and Kirby's call: Charlie, because Jill cannot call herself #2.
Olivia's murder: Logically, Charlie kills her while Jill is next door with Kirby. Charlie also states during the climax of the film that he has great footage of his Olivia kill. Kirby's caller from Trevor's phone is also obviously Charlie as Jill is with Kirby when she receives the phone call, and maybe also to distract Olivia from the sound of Charlie talking inside her closet. Jill's prank call to Olivia before Kirby's call was probably a signal to Charlie to begin his phone call to Kirby. However, an error occurs, in that the police were in the car when Olivia arrived home, but some time after went after a "suspicious figure." Charlie would have to have been in the closet before Olivia got home. The only solution here is that the "suspicious figure," was not Ghostface, but rather a random, unknown person or a figment of the officers imagination.
Sidney's first phone call: Jill was on her way to olivia's house. If she had called, someone would have heard and noticed her. Besides, Charlie might have hid in a good place to call Sidney.
Jill and Sidney's attack: Jill is playing victim, while Charlie is attacking in the costume.
Rebecca's murder: Jill because Charlie is seen with Robbie at the press conference when Rebecca is thrown onto the newsvan from several stories above. Jill was probably also the one who made the calls to Rebecca as Charlie was probably with Robbie at that time. Jill is also the one who sabotaged Rebecca's car so she couldn't start it because Ghostface is seen with cords in his hand when she jumps onto the bonnett of Rebecca's car. In order for Jill to be the sole survivor, she had to kill Sidney and people close to her.
Gale's attack: Charlie attacked Gale while Jill watched on her computer from home. Jill had no way to get to the Stab-a-thon and back without being noticed by somebody. Gale sees a webcam in the haystack and it moves to focus on her. This is Jill operating it from home and how knows she and Gale have the matching "shoulder wounds" she mentioned to Dewey at the end of the film. Some fans believe that Jill is the one who actually attacked Gale, but Charlie may have just told Jill about it.
Hoss and Perkins' murders: Both Ghostfaces were involved as Jill stabbed them to death after she left the house, (Hoss in the back and Perkins on his forehead) while Charlie drove the car two blocks away and then stabbed the corpses of Hoss and Perkins several more times just to make sure that they're dead. During the climax of the film, Charlie hands Jill a gun stating "the cops would've wanted you to have this, for your protection", which he probably gathered from the police car after driving the car two blocks away. During the climax, when Charlie is mentioning all of the footage he has of his kills, he does not mention Hoss or Perkins, which further implies that Jill was the Ghostface that attacked and stabbed Hoss and Perkins the first time.
Call at the Roberts house: Jill is the one who made the call because the caller told Sidney to put on the TV so she could see report about Gale's attack. Charlie was in the car on the way to Jill's house after attacking Gale and he had no idea that the attack was already on the news.
Kate's murder: Both Ghostfaces are present as one is at the backdoor and one is at the front door, but the Ghostface responsible for Kate's death was Jill, as Charlie states during the climax of the film that he scared Sidney and Kate from the backdoor of the house, and Kate was stabbed at the front of the house. Jill also states that "it's a shame my mother had to die". Jill wanted to be the sole survivor so she wanted to kill people close to Sidney.
Trevor's abduction: Jill subdued Trevor somehow (more than likely by seducing him) and tied him up. It's unknown when he was brought downstairs as neither killers really had the time for that.
Robbie's murder: Killed outside Kirby's house by Charlie. Charlie admits later that he has great footage of his Robbie kill.
Sidney and Jill's attack: Charlie is the killer here as Jill is seen.
Sidney's roof attack: Still Charlie because Sidney told Jill to hide under the bed while she was covering her escape out to the balcony.
Charlie's attack: Jill is the killer here as Charlie is seen.
Kirby's phone call: Jill is the caller here as Charlie is seen.
Kirby's attack: Jill calls her while Charlie is tied up. After Charlie is freed by Kirby, he stabs her revealing he is one of the killers.
Sidney's attack in Kirby's foyer: Charlie grabs her and holds a knife at her throat but she gets away only to be stabbed by "Ghostface" who then takes off the mask and it's revealed the killer is Jill.
Trevor's murder: Jill shoots him in the groin and forehead while he is tied up on the floor with duct tape.
Charlie's murder: Jill betrays him and stabs him in the heart and stomach.
Sidney's stabbing: Jill is doing it without costume.
Jill's beating: She is doing it herself, to look like a victim.
Sidney, Dewey and Hicks' hospital attacks: Jill is doing it without costume.
Jill's murder: As Jill is about to shoot Gale Sidney comes from behind her and electrocutes her head with defibrillator paddles. Still alive Jill tries stabbing Sidney with a Glass shard but Sidney knows killers always come back to life for "one last scare" and shoots Jill in the chest.
Scream (2022 film)
Tara's phone calls: This was both Amber Freeman and Richie Kirsch. Richie made the phone calls and recorded the video of Amber with a view of his knife to scare Tara. This would mean that Richie snuck away to Woodsboro from Modesto and then returned before news of Tara's attack broke.
Tara's attack: Ghostface, who attacked Tara at the doors was Richie. The rest of attack was done by Amber due to her madness and the fact that Richie didn't want to do the dirty work.
Vince's murder: This was Amber as she was at the bar with the rest of the teenagers and Richie was still at the hospital with Samantha and Tara Carpenter. This is the only time, when Amber didn't use her M.O (stabbing her victims multiple times). Additionally, Amber was aware of Vince's connection to Stu Macher.
Sam's phone call: Amber did the phone call. If Richie called her, she would have heard him.
Sam's hospital attack: Amber was questioned by police, when Sam was attacked.
Judy's phone call: Quote: ''Ever seen movie Psycho?'' reveals Amber, because in the later scene of the movie Amber imitates the noises from the shower stabbing sequence in Psycho.
Judy's murder: Both killers were there. Amber killed Judy, because Ghostface used Amber's M.O (stabbing multiple times). and then went to the hospital.
Wes' murder: After Amber went to the hospital, Richie however stayed behind to finish off Wes because he was stronger than Amber and he had better chance to overpower him.
Clay's murder: In the hospital, all the work was done by Amber, while Richie was playing victim.
Richie, Tara and Dewey's attack: It was Amber, because Richie was still playing victim.
Dewey's murder: Obviously Amber, because Richie was with Sam and Tara in the elevator.
Chad's attack: This was Amber as Richie was driving to 261 Turner Lane with Tara and Samantha and arrived just as Ghostface finished his attack on Chad.
Mindy's attack: This was Richie, as Amber was upstairs with Tara getting her inhaler and Richie had excused himself to the Basement where he likely changed into the Ghostface costume and then came back upstairs to attack her.
Liv's murder: Amber is doing it without costume.
Gale's shooting: Amber is doing it without costume.
Sidney's phone call: You can hear Richie's voice, when he says ''Wait!''.
Sidney's attack: Sidney is talking to Richie, when attack was occurred.
Sam's stabbing: Richie is doing it without costume.
Amber's attack: Tara, we witness this.
Richie's murder: Samantha killed Richie by stabbing him countless times, slitting his throat and shooting him in the head.
Amber's murder: Sidney, Gale and Tara all took part in Amber's murder. Sidney doused Amber in hand sanitiser as Gale shot Amber forcing her onto the stove and setting her alight due to the hand sanitiser they threw over her. Tara then shot Amber through the head as she came running out of the kitchen.
Scream 6 (2023 film)
- Sidney Prescott
- Gale Riley
- Mortal Enemy
- Frequent Target
- Dewey Riley
- Mortal Enemy
- Frequent Target
- Samantha Carpenter
- Tara Carpenter
- Friend(Amber Freeman)
- Billy Loomis
- Stu Macher
- Accomplice (Billy Loomis)
- Tatum Riley
- Nancy Loomis
- Mickey Altieri
- Accomplice (Nancy Loomis)
- Roman Bridger
- Jill Roberts
- Accomplice (Charlie Walker)
- Charlie Walker
- Accomplice (Jill Roberts)
- Amber Freeman
- Accomplice (Richie Kirsch)
- Richie Kirsch
Parodies in other media
The comedy parody films Scary Movie and Shriek If You Know What I Did Last Friday the Thirteenth depict killers based on the Ghostface character.
In the climax of Scary Movie, the killer was revealed to be both Bobby Prinze and Ray Wilkins. However, it turns out they were copycat killers of a serial killer that already existed. The real killer was Doofy Gilmore, a policeman who had been faking mental retardation.
In Shriek If You Know What I Did Last Friday the Thirteenth, the killer's mask is not originally that of Ghostface, but begins as a hockey mask which resembles the one worn by Jason Voorhees in the Friday the 13th series. After being set on fire when the killer tried to smoke a cigarette, it melted to resemble Ghostface. In this film, unlike the "Scream" version of Ghostface, he constantly fails to kill anyone important; the various kills are accidental, or people in the background with almost no part in the plot. In the climax of the film, the killer turns out to be Doughy's long lost twin cousin. He is accidentally shot by Hagatha, who was using a gun as a mirror to touch up her make-up. He later attempts to escape, after waking up in a mockery of the usual horror shock endings, only to be shot many times by Doughy and beaten up by a mob of cops who mistake him for being black. He still survives, and as revealed in a where-are-they-now segment, he apparently settled down. At the end of the film, it turns out that another person has taken up the guise of Ghostface, and apparently has better skills, attacking his victims with ninja-like tactics.
In an episode of Celebrity Deathmatch, Ghostface calls fighters saying that he will kill a scream queen every round, he ends up murdering Drew Barrymore (Scream), Jamie Lee Curtis (Halloween), and Jennifer Love Hewitt (I Know What You Did Last Summer). Later a cell phone that belongs to him is planted on a platypus and Neve Campbell and Sarah Michelle Gellar manage to defeat it, believing it to be the killer. At the end of the show he makes a phone call to Nick Diamond.
Roger L. Jackson reprises his role of Ghostface in the Robot Chicken episode "That Hurts Me" as one of the movie killer contestants in a show that parodies Big Brother. He portrays the token black character so often seen in reality shows. He launches a prank war on Pinhead, purposefully shrinks Freddy Krueger's sweater in the wash, and when given a free cell phone call, he calls Drew Barrymore to threaten her and complain that the Charlie's Angels sequel sucked. When both he and Michael Myers were set to be eliminated, Ghostface gave a heartfelt speech about how he'd cherished his time on the show and wouldn't hold any grudges over being eliminated, which saved him from elimination, as opposed to Michael, who simply stabbed Freddy repeatedly as a response, which didn't even make Freddy bleed, but instead merely annoyed him.
Ghostface has also made a cameo in Tripping the Rift, as the judge in the episode when Chode sells his soul to the devil and finds a way to sue him.
In the film Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, Shannen Doherty and Wes Craven provide cameos as themselves making the (at that time) non-existent Scream 4, but Doherty objects when Ghostface turns out to be played by the orangutan, Suzann.
In the anime Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Mr. Despair attempts to dream of his own death scene. The screen switches to a familiar shower scene from Psycho as Mr. Despair is taking a shower. Suddenly he is attacked by Bruce Lee, Darth Vader, Ghostface, and other familiar faces before dying the exact same way in Psycho.
In his book Going to Pieces: The Rise and Fall of the Slasher Film, Adam Rockoff opined that Ghostface's mask was a "striking, surreal and downright terrifying presence". Calling the mask a "hyperbolic rendering" of Edvard Munch's The Scream, Rockoff wrote that the 'face' is "twisted in an exaggerated, almost mocking grin, as if reflecting the look of terror and surprise on his victims' faces."
Tony Magistrale also discussed the similarities between Ghostface's mask and The Scream in his book Abject Terrors: Surveying the Modern and Postmodern Horror Film, stating that the painting "an apt representation of the degree of alienation from other people inspires the killers' murderous agenda". The mask of Ghostface is widely renowned for it's major appearance on Halloween night. It has been the most common costume on Halloween since the launch of it. There are many variations such as a mask where it can produce fake blood. Also, in the 2010 Halloween, there were new costumes of Ghostface. One that was a scarecrow, and the other, having the regular robe, but with a zombie mask.
Weapons and Equipment
Hunting Knife: The iconic weapon of the Ghostface killer. Usually used to stab victims, slit their throats or gut them.
Gun: Usually used when Ghostface finally reveals his/her identity to their last victim.
Father Death costume/Ghost mask: Used to hide his/her identity. The iconic wardrobe of the killer of the Scream franchise.
Bullet-proof Vest: Used by Roman Bridger to protect himself from gunshots to the chest.
Voice-changer: An electronic device used to mask the killer's real voice and change it to a deep, grunting voice.
Video Camera: Used by the 'Remake' killers, to record a video of them murdering their victims in order to obey the rule of which the Killer should film the murders.
Abilities and Attributes
Unlike supernatural killers, such as Michael Myers or Freddy Krueger, Ghostface is human, but has several skills of a deadly killer. Ghostface is skilled in spying and stealth, allowing him to hide in unexpected places. Also, he exhibits extreme durability against physical harm and has high levels of physical strength.
Ghostface seems to display a heightened sense of awareness. He is often able to know where his victims are located before a physical attack, where they are hiding, and/or to be where they will attempt to escape. As seen in Scream 2, he was able to tell if, when, and where his victim would place his head against a bathroom stall dividing wall (enabling Ghostface to stab the target in the head from the next stall over).
Ghostface is strong enough to lift up a person and to stun his victims with punches. He can endure several damages like having a beer bottle thrown on his face and surviving some stab or bullet wounds. Ghostface is very skillful in wielding his knife, and has enough strength to puncture through doors with his knife. Ghostface kills his victims by stabbing them on vital points or slitting their throats. He is also fast enough to catch most of his victims.
The first two Ghostface killers (Billy and Stu) would often gut their victims and hang their corpses.
Roman Bridger had a voice changer that could copy other voices, confusing his victims. Roman also wore a bulletproof vest under his Father Death costume, which allowed him to survive gunshots to the chest.
Ghostface is sometimes a little bit of a klutz; Ghostface gets hit by doors and other objects like a refrigerator door while fighting with Tatum, and sometimes fall down to the floor while chasing Sidney.
Despite being human, four of the killers (Billy, Mickey, Roman and Jill) seem to have a supernatural ability to survive fatal wounds and spring back to life (although they were killed immediately after).
Despite actually being different people, Ghostface has a habit of menacingly wiping the blood off his knife with one gloved hand and has a thorough knowledge of horror film genre, including conventions and trivia.
Behind the Scenes
- Wes Craven had the characters in Scream mention the Ghostface costume is called "Father Death" as a red herring, alluding to Neil, Sidney's father.
- In Scream, Stu was meant to mention having to pee before Sidney is attacked in the high school bathroom, but it was believed to be too strong a clue that he was the killer.
- In the original Scream 2 script, there are thee killers: Mrs. Loomis, Derek Feldman, and Hallie McDaniel.
- In the original Scream 3 script, Angelina Tyler is a second killer. She reveals herself to be a former classmate of Sidney's and now in a relationship with Roman.
- Five men have been Ghostface, while only two have been women, Mrs. Loomis and Jill Roberts.
- The only person to wear the Ghostface costume and use the voice changer who wasn't a murderer was Sidney. During a brief moment in Scream, she does this to turn the tables on Billy and Stu. It can be argued that she is a murderer since she kills several of the killers.
- The 3 victims of the copycat murders from Scream 2 are:
- Phil Stevens (representing Steven Orth)
- Maureen Evans (representing Maureen Prescott)
- Casey 'Cici' Cooper (representing Casey Becker)
- The copycat murders of Scream 2 are a dangling plot point. Mickey and Mrs. Loomis begin murdering victims based on their names matching those of the original Woodsboro murders, but stop at 3. While the investigators discover the pattern, nothing comes of this, or is mentioned in the final confrontation. This is fleshed out slightly more in earlier drafts of the script, but still not resolved. Whether the two killers planned this as a red herring or altered course as they went along remains to be seen. From a story perspective, this fits in with the two killers having very different motives.
- The murders in Scream 3 follow a similar path to Scream 2. Roman killed the cast in the order their characters died in the Stab 3 script, until veering off course and killing without a pattern, just as Mickey and Mrs. Loomis started as copycat killers until Randy's murder. In both cases characters tried deducing who would be the next victim based on the pattern right when the killer stopped using the pattern.
- The Scream 3 characters may indeed have been killed in accordance with the Stab 3 script if you allow for the exceptions of non-cast members (Christine Hamilton, Steven Stone, and John Milton). Cotton Weary was set to cameo as himself in the opening death scene and he was the first actor to die. Sarah Darling's Candy was the second to die. It's known that Ricky was written to die and since the fictionalized Gale Weathers was set to be the killer, she would have died last. Tyson Fox dies between Sarah and Jennifer Jolie, who was the last killed. It's unknown if Sidney and Dewey's characters were set to be killed, but since Tori Spelling and David Schwimmer didn't return, it's likely the producers wanted to kill the characters off, making it possible that they died in the order Tom Prinze and Angelina Tyler were murdered.
- One of the killers "Came back to life for one last scare" in each film:
- Billy Loomis (shot in the head by Sidney) - Scream (1996)
- Mickey Alteri (shot in the chest by Sidney and Gale) - Scream 2
- Roman Bridger (shot in the head by Dewey) - Scream 3
- Jill Roberts (shot through the heart by Sidney) - Scream 4
- Amer Freeman (shot in the head by Tara) - Scream (2022)
It would have been possible that Nancy could have returned for one last scare, but she was shot in the head by Sidney, after she and Gale killed Mickey.
- Ghostface killed a pair of victims in the opening of each film, except Scream (2022):
- Steven Orth & Casey Becker (Scream)
- Phil Stevens & Maureen Evans (Scream 2)
- Christine & Cotton Weary (Scream 3)
- Marnie Cooper & Jenny Randall (Scream 4)
- With the exception of Scream 2, in every cycle of murders there is one victim who Ghostface doesn't stab or kill with his knife:
- Tatum Riley (garage door) - Scream (1996)
- Officer Richards (metal pole) - Scream 2
- Derek Feldman (shot) - Scream 2
- Tom Prinze (blown up) - Scream 3
- Trevor Sheldon (shot) - Scream 4
- Liv McKenzie (shot) - Scream (2022)
- Roman is the only killer who dies in his Father Death costume.
- Roman Bridger was the only Ghostface who had no accomplice.
- Each of the Ghostface killers had the opportunity to kill off the 3 main characters:
- Billy nearly stabs Sidney (Gale shoots him before he does that). The scene before that, Stu and Billy were about to kill Sidney if it weren't for Gale distracting them. (Scream)
- Ghostface also stabbed Dewey at the back but he survived. (Scream)
- Ghostface brutally stabs Dewey, but he survives once again. (Scream 2)
- Mickey reflexively shoots Gale, but she survived before that Mrs. Loomis had her at gunpoint and could have killed her instantly. (Scream 2)
- Sidney intensely escapes a police car through a knocked-out Ghostface at the driver's seat. Mrs. Loomis has Sidney on a knife-point (Cotton Weary ends up saving Sidney by shooting Mrs. Loomis) (Scream 2)
- Gale falls into a basement along with Ghostface who was knocked-out temporarily. (Scream 3)
- Ghostface throws his knife at Dewey into his head, but the handle hits him instead and knocks him out. (Scream 3)
- Ghostface ties Gale and Dewey together to hold them as hostage to lure Sidney when he could've just killed them. (Scream 3)
- Roman strangles Sidney to death but stops when Dewey turns down the electricity of the house, he also shot her with a gun (but she wore a bullet-proof vest) and could've shot her in the head. (Scream 3)
- Ghostface had the chance to stab Gale at a vital point but hesitated when Dewey fires his gun. Jill also held Gale at a gun-point and was going to shoot her. (Scream 4)
- Jill threatens to blow Dewey's head off with his gun. (Scream 4)
- Jill could've stabbed Sidney even more in Kirby's house, but she was probably in a hurry as she was aware that the police were coming. (Scream 4)
- Jill Roberts being the killer is ironic. Her character is based on Sidney Prescott and the fact that she is a Ghostface killer is a reference to the fact that some fans often speculate that Sidney Prescott would eventually become the Ghostface killer due to witnessing the deaths of the people close to her.
- It is revealed that Jill Roberts and Charlie Walker are the killers in Scream 4, they planned this to "remake" the franchise:
- Jenny Randall and Marnie Cooper represent Casey Becker and Steve Orth (killed first simultaneously after one receives a call from Ghostface. A deleted scene shows that they were hung and tied to a chair like Casey and Steve)
- Kate Roberts represents her sister, Maureen Prescott. Both are the mothers of the 'protagonist'
- Trevor Sheldon represents Neil Prescott. Both were kidnapped, bound and gagged, and would-be framed for the murder spree.
- Jill and Charlie's plan to make their innocence in the killing spree more solid by stabbing each other, is just like Billy and Stu's plan in the first movie.
- Jill stabbing Charlie to death on purpose, is a reference to Scream 2 when Mrs. Loomis betrays her accomplice Mickey.
- It is arguable that the Remake Jill and Charlie also tried to 'remake' the Windsor Collage Murders since a few of their victims deaths are parallel to the Windsor College victims:
- Ghostface slashes Jill's arm to make Sidney think that Ghostface is trying to kill her, this is similar to Ghostface slashing Derek's arm leading Sidney to doubt whether he is an accomplice of Ghostface.
- Rebecca was thrown from a several stories building, similar to Cici's death who was thrown off a two-story building from the balcony.
- Officer Hoss and Perkins' Deaths are parallel to Officer Richards and Andrews' deaths.
- Robbie's Death was reminiscent of Randy's brutal murder.
- Kirby's Attack was reminiscent of Hallie's murder, as both were attacked by surprise by Ghostface. (note that the Ghostface that attacked them were the men they were implied to have a relationship with.)
- Sidney killed both murderers by herself in Scream. In Scream 2, Cotton shot Mrs. Loomis to free Sidney. Mrs. Loomis was shot again by Sidney, making her the third killer killed by Sidney. Mickey was shot by both Sidney and Gale. In Scream 3, Sidney mortally wounded Roman, but in the end, Dewey is the one who killed the him killer. Charlie was killed by Jill, and Sidney also killed the last of the "remake killers", her cousin, Jill.
- Both female killers, Jill Roberts and Mrs. Loomis, betrayed their accomplices in the end.
- The remake killers Jill Roberts and Charlie Walker have similarities to the previous 5 killers:
- They are a duo similar to Billy and Stu as well as Mrs. Loomis and Mickey.
- Charlie is betrayed by his accomplice just like Mickey.
- Both tried to attack and failed to kill Sidney.
- Both planned to frame someone else.
- Both attempted to stab each other to make it seem they were attacked by the Killer.
- Jill craves for fame of being the survivor of the new Ghostface killing spree just like Roman Bridger.
- Mickey Altieri, Roman Bridger and Jill Roberts are the only killers to reveal themselves while they are still in the Ghostface costume.
- Each of the Ghostface killers, except Mickey, gets themselves hit by a glass object:
- Billy Loomis: beer bottle thrown into the face. (whilst attacking Tatum Riley)
- Stu Macher: vase smashed into his head, Television screen smashes into his face. (getting killed by Sidney Prescott)
- Nancy Loomis: a prop jar is smashed to her head. (after Sidney distracted her)
- Roman Bridger: a beer bottle is smashed into his face. (whilst having a physical fight with Sidney)
- Charlie Walker: a glass picture frame is smashed into his shoulder. (whilst trying to attack Sidney)
- Jill Roberts: runs into a glass picture frame and jumps onto a glass coffee table. (Self Inflicted)
- In Scream 4 it is proven that Marnie Cooper is the Steven Orth in the film as she is first to die, while Jenny Randall as the Casey Becker as she has a vast knowledge of horror movies and is taunted before dying as the fourth installment is following the remake movies this century.
Notes and References
|Principal Characters||Sidney Prescott • Gale Weathers • Dewey Riley • Ghostface|
|Recurring Supporting Characters||Randy Meeks • Cotton Weary|
|Supporting Characters||Billy Loomis • Tatum Riley • Stu Macher • Casey Becker • Steven Orth|
|Recurring Minor Characters||Neil Prescott • Maureen Prescott • Hank Loomis|
|Ghostface(s)||Billy Loomis • Stu Macher|
|Scream 2 Characters|
|Principal Characters||Sidney Prescott • Gale Weathers • Dewey Riley • Ghostface|
|Recurring Supporting Characters||Randy Meeks • Cotton Weary|
|Supporting Characters||Cici Cooper • Derek • Hallie • Joel • Maureen Evans • Mickey Altieri • Nancy Loomis • Phil Stevens|
|Recurring Minor Characters||Maureen Prescott • Heather Graham • Nancy O'Dell|
|Minor Characters||Officer Richards • Officer Andrews • Tori Spelling • Lois • Murphy • Lewis Hartley • Gus Gold • Dawnie • Joshua Jackson|
|Ghostface(s)||Nancy Loomis • Mickey Altieri|
|Scream 3 Characters|
|Principal Characters||Sidney Prescott • Gale Weathers • Dewey Riley • Ghostface|
|Recurring Supporting Characters||Randy Meeks • Cotton Weary|
|Supporting Characters||Angelina Tyler • Christine Hamilton • Jennifer Jolie • John Milton • Mark Kincaid • Martha Meeks • Roman Bridger • Sarah Darling • Steven Stone • Tom Prinze • Tyson Fox|
|Recurring Minor Characters||Neil Prescott • Maureen Prescott • Hank Loomis|
|Scream 4 Characters|
|Principal Characters||Sidney Prescott • Gale Weathers • Dewey Riley • Ghostface|
|Supporting Characters||Anthony Perkins • Charlie Walker • Jill Roberts • Judy Hicks • Kirby Reed • Kate Roberts • Olivia Morris • Rebecca Walters • Robbie Mercer • Deputy Hoss • Trevor Sheldon|
|Stab Cameos||Sherrie • Trudie • Chloe • Rachel|
|Cameo Characters||Marnie Cooper • Jenny Randall • Dr. Orth • Mr Baker|
|Ghostface(s)||Jill Roberts • Charlie Walker|
|Scream (2022) Characters|
|Principal Characters||Samantha Carpenter • Tara Carpenter • Richie Kirsch • Mindy Meeks-Martin • Chad Meeks-Martin • Wes Hicks • Liv McKenzie • Amber Freeman • Ghostface|
|Supporting Characters||Deputy Farney • Deputy Vinson • Vince Schneider • Judy Hicks|
|Legacy Characters||Dewey Riley • Gale Weathers • Sidney Prescott • Billy Loomis (hallucination) • Randy Meeks (photo)|
|Ghostface(s)||Amber Freeman • Richie Kirsch|
|Recurring Characters||Judy Hicks • Martha Meeks (cameo) • Kirby Reed (photo) • Jennifer Jolie (photo) • Roman Bridger (archive footage of Scott Foley) • Tori Spelling (photo) • Casey Becker (Stab)/Heather Graham (photo) • Billy Loomis (Stab)/Luke Wilson (photo)|
|Cameo Characters||Deputy Keith • Frances • Christopher Speed (fiction) • Principal|
|Scream 6 Characters|
|Confirmed Characters||Gale Weathers • Samantha Carpenter • Tara Carpenter • Mindy Meeks-Martin • Chad Meeks-Martin • Kirby Reed|