George Washington High is a fictional high school in the MTV adaptation of Scream.
Description and History
George Washington High is a public school located in the town of Lakewood. The school has been at the epicenter of three infamous murder sprees, the first of which occurred in 1994 and was attributed to a deformed teenager named Brandon James. In 2015, mysterious murders began being committed again, claiming the lives of several students. Some people theorized that Brandon James was back and killing once again. However, the killer behind the murders was later revealed to be Piper Shaw, his daughter. In 2016, another wave of killings occurred in town and Noah assumes that the killer this time is an accomplice of Piper.
- The school first appeared in the series in the Pilot episode.
- Kieran Wilcox transferred to the school and began attending classes in the Pilot episode.
- Nina Patterson was one of the popular mean girls at the school before her untimely death.
- Riley Marra and Noah Foster had a date inside the school's football stadium in Hello, Emma.
- Piper Shaw's first scene in the series was at the school. This was shown in a conversation with Audrey and Noah in Hello, Emma.
- A Halloween dance party was held at the school in The Dance and Revelations.
- Seth Branson was a former English teacher at the school. He was fired for sexual misconduct in Revelations.
- In I Know What You Did Last Summer, Jake and Brooke illegally accessed the pool on the school grounds after-school hours.
- Kristen Lang is the current psychology teacher at the school. She made her debut in I Know What You Did Last Summer.
- Gustavo Acosta transferred to the school from Phoenix in I Know What You Did Last Summer.
- Emma missed out on a tutorial session with Zoë Vaughn in Psycho.
- Eli Hudson transferred to the school from Atlanta in Vacancy.
- Jake's death is revealed to the public when his corpse falls from an open banner to the ground at the school auditorium, with his blood splattering all over Brooke in Happy Birthday to Me.
- In Dawn of the Dead, Miguel Acosta ordered for the temporary lock-down of the school after the events of Happy Birthday to Me.
- Emma and Audrey had a verbal fight causing Emma to push Audrey against a locker at the school in The Orphanage.
- In The Vanishing, Emma and Audrey received a phone call from the killer.
- In Halloween, it was shown that Emma and the remaining survivors of the Lakewood Murders were confronted by media reporters at the school premises.