|Season 3, Episode 6|
|Air date||July 10, 2019|
|Written by||Brett Matthews|
|Directed by||Kevin Kölsch |
As suspicions sharpen and loyalties fray, the Deadfast Club desperately searches for the man behind Ghostface's mask...only to be disturbed by what they find. Ghostface's deadly game draws to an end!
On the night of the big game, Deion is convinced that it's not worth playing when a killer is on the loose. With the police looking for Jamal, Kym and Liv convince him to get what he dreams of doing. Motivated, he returns to the team just in time.
Meanwhile, Ghostface keeps a wounded Jamal in an unknown location. While on their way to the game, Beth and Kym receive a video of Ghostface showing Jamal injured and that Deion must go alone to "Earl's house," a truck which Earl drives with the name. Kym creates a distraction and Beth invades the game to show the video to Liv, who tells Deion during the interval of the game.
Deion comes to the conclusion that Ghostface wants him because, on the night of Marcus's death, they both changed their fantasies and Deion, in Marcus's clothes, was the one who died that night. So Marcus had always been Deion since then because no one recognized him, not even Sherry, his mother.
Soon after the revelation, Marcus steals a school bus and arrives at the place where Jamal is, and takes him away. But out there, Jamal reveals that he's really Ghostface, having taken the mantle because their father chose Deion's mother and Marcus instead of Jamal's mother, and that made Marcus have the perfect life.
He also reveals that he has a girl accomplice and that she "will end it all," but he dies from the wounds before he reveals who she is. Liv and Beth invade the school where Marcus arrives shortly after. The two girls are accusing themselves of being Ghostface, but before Marcus calls the police, Beth shoots his cell phone and hitting his hip with the bullet, revealing herself as the accomplice of Jamal. They met at her tattoo studio, and shortly after he told her story, Beth had realized that she wanted to be the protagonist of her own horror story. With Marcus wounded, Liv rushes through the school to save herself and with Beth in her chase dressed as Ghostface, pursues her with a gun, and soon after with an ax. The confrontation reaches the roof of the school, where Marcus distracted Beth and Liv pushed her from the rooftop into a glass ceiling of the gym.
Kym arrives soon after armed, and shoots Beth fatally. A few months later, Kym and Hawkins went to college together. Marcus (still using his original name Deion, implying that Beth's theory is fake) attends San Diego University with Sherry and Liv accompanying him, where they enjoy life without fear or worrying about Ghostface and Liv come to the conclusion that they should not tell the truth about the exchange of twins. At the same time, Deion receives an anonymous call but decides to ignore it.
- RJ Cyler as Deion Elliot
- Jessica Sula as Liv Reynolds
- Keke Palmer as Kym
- Giorgia Whigham as Beth/Ghostface
- Tyga as Jay Elliot
- C.J. Wallace as Amir Ayoub
- Roger L. Jackson as Ghostface (Voice)
- William Scharpf as Ghostface (Costume)
- Giullian Yao Gioiello as Manny
- Mary J. Blige as Sherry Elliot
- Gideon Emery as Officer Reynolds
- Drew Starkey as Hawkins
- Terrence J as Coach Griffin
- Jaden Robinson as Deion Elliot (Young) / Marcus Elliot
- Deion is revealed to actually be Marcus. It is revealed via flashback that the brothers switched Halloween costumes the night Deoin was murdered and nobody figured out they had switched, not even their own mother.
- Jamal is revealed to be an accomplice of Ghostface, confirming that he killed Tommy Jenkins, Avery Collins and Hook Man while also attacking Officer Reynolds. His motivation was Marcus stealing Deion's life and his father abandoning his mother for Marcus' family.
- Beth is revealed to be Ghostface. Her motivation is to prove herself she's the ultimate serial killer and to get revenge on all of the hypocrites that encompass Marcus' friend group.
- Beth fighting and chasing Liv throughout after revealing herself is similar to Sidney Prescott fighting off Mrs. Loomis in Scream 2.
- Beth bursting through the door with an axe where Liv is hiding, screaming as she pokes her head in is an homage to the 1980 horror film The Shining and the scene of "Here's Johnny!".
- The ending scene is very similar to the ending of Scream 3 when Sidney Prescott comes to her remote house in the secluded California woods as she looks back and sees the front door open and leaves it, similar to Deion hanging up the phone call from a stranger, without anxiety. Both characters are ironically in California following the end of their murder sprees and alongside with their fellow survivors (Sidney with Gale and Dewey , Deion with Liv).
Behind the Scenes