Christine Hamilton was a minor character in Scream 3 (2000 film). She is controversial talk show host, Cotton Weary's girlfriend. She was murdered by the fifth revealed Ghostface killer, Roman Bridger in Hollywood, California on his quest to find his half-sister, Sidney Prescott.
Christine was taking a shower while waiting for Cotton to return home. Unbeknownst to her, Ghostface had broken into the apartment and was actually talking to him on the phone while watching her in the shower.
When she gets out out the shower, she looks notices the bathroom door open, thinks its odd and second guessing to herself if she closed the door. She continues to dry off and getting dressed without thinking anymore about it.
After she got dressed, she heard the stereo turn on in the living room. She believed it was Cotton and when the stereo was turned off, she called out, wondering who was there. After hearing 'Cotton's' voice, she was momentarily relieved before being attacked by Ghostface and chased into the office of the apartment. After locking the door behind her, he called out to her in Cotton's voice using his multi-voice changing box. He said he was sorry he scared her and was just trying to take the game to the next level. When she asked what game, he said he was talking about how much fun it was going to be to rip her insides out. He stabbed the door to get in and she locked herself in a closet until the actual Cotton arrived home.
Christine, believing Cotton was going to kill her, burst out of the closet and attacked him with a golf club when he broke into the room. She kept asking him why he wanted to kill her and this confused him. He saw Ghostface sneaking up behind her and yelled, "Get out of the way!" Confused and frightened, she hit him over the head with the golf club, giving Ghostface an opening to stab her in the back. She screamed and fell to the floor, dead.
In the alternate version, Christine is unseen alive. The killer uses a voice changer to trick Cotton into believing she is still alive. She says she is at Starbucks, and Cotton tells her that a woman is inside the house. Later, Cotton checks one of the rooms, and Christine's body (played by a stand-in) flails out of it.
He cries, and is distracted on time for Ghostface to stab him. In this version, he uses Christine's voice to say, "I'm in the house now, I'm safe", before switching to the Ghostface voice (dubbed by Roger L. Jackson) saying, "Time for my show now, Cotton. You've been cancelled!"
The following are quotes by Christine Hamilton in Scream 3:
- "Okay, Cotton. You know I don't like your Stab games."
- "Who is it, Who's there??"
- "You've gone crazy, that's what!" -to Cotton
- "Why do you want to kill me?" -to Cotton
- "What the fuck are you doing?"
- "Get the hell out of here!"
- "What are you doing?"
- "The game?"
- "What are you talking about?"
- The cut opening revealed her forename was a reference to the 1983 horror movie, Christine with a killer car. Hence, Cotton is alerted of Christine in danger while he is driving in his car down Hollywood Boulevard.
- Kate Winslet, Charisma Carpenter, and Shannen Doherty all tried out for the part of Christine before the studio settled on Kelly Rutherford. Interestingly, Charisma Carpenter co-starred alongside Sarah Michelle Gellar, who played the real Cici Cooper, in Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Shannen Doherty starred as one of the Halliwell sisters on Charmed where Rose McGowan, who played Tatum Riley, replaced her after she left.
- Actress Alicia Silverstone was offered the role of Christine Hamilton, as well as the roles of Sarah Darling and Angelina Tyler, but turned them all down. (She later made a cameo appearance in a thumbnail listed as the actress to portray Tatum Riley in the original Stab).
- Christine broke the tradition in that of being and becoming the first female in the series to fall victim first rather than the male in this film, which made an exception seeing as in Scream and Scream 2, both Steven Orth and Phil Stevens were killed off before their partners Casey Becker and Maureen Evans, respectively.
- She is one of many blonde characters in the franchise as well as the fourth blonde female character in the film series to be killed off (whether or not in the opening), with the first being Casey Becker, the second being Tatum Riley, the third being Cici Cooper, the fifth being Sarah Darling, the sixth being Marnie Cooper, the seventh Jenny Randall and eighth being Judy Hicks. In the TV series, Nina Patterson, Rachel Murray, Billie Fields, and Beth are the only known blondes to die, much like the films.
- Cotton and Christine's death scene was shot three different times before the result. The alternate opening was shot with the idea of two killers in mind, as Cotton arrives home and finds Christine already dead, before being attacked and killed by Ghostface. The alternate opening would suggest that Angelina killed Christine while Roman killed Cotton. In the final cut, it's rather apparent that Roman killed them both.
- Scream 3 (2000 film)
|Scream 3 Characters|
|Principal Characters||Sidney Prescott • Gale Weathers • Dewey Riley • Ghostface|
|Recurring Supporting Characters||Randy Meeks • Cotton Weary|
|Supporting Characters||Angelina Tyler • Christine Hamilton • Jennifer Jolie • John Milton • Mark Kincaid • Martha Meeks • Roman Bridger • Sarah Darling • Steven Stone • Tom Prinze • Tyson Fox|
|Recurring Minor Characters||Neil Prescott • Maureen Prescott • Hank Loomis|