- "Unless we wake up, and stop acting like this isn't murderville, we're all going to end up like Jake, and we'll deserve it."
- —Brooke Maddox to Lakewood citizens[src]
The gorgeous, sassy and wealthy Queen Bee of George Washington High School, she is one of the best friends of Emma Duval. Initially, she is shown to be slightly snobby and shallow with a carefree attitude and blunt persona. However, as the series progresses, Brooke is revealed to be a troubled, insecure girl with family and daddy issues. Also, she had a complicated and secret sexual relationship with her teacher, Seth Branson. When her friends start to get picked off one by one by the Lakewood slasher, Brooke shows the most grief of her friends' deaths, revealing a more caring and sensitive side. Brooke is attacked on several occasions. In the first season finale, she is attacked while locked inside a freezer, suffering minor stab wounds but managed to survive. She is one of the Six Lakewood teens to survive the first Lakewood bloodbath. In the season 2 premiere, Brooke broke up with Jake Fitzgerald, but was unaware that he was kidnapped and murdered by the new Lakewood Slasher (Piper's accomplice) until much later when his body, blood and gore dropped all over her. She becomes angry and determined to find Jake's killer and avenge him, going as far as to torture Branson for information, with no success. She slowly grows closer to Gustavo, especially when her father, Mayor Quinn Maddox, is murdered by the killer. While assisting Emma and the gang on setting up a trap for the killer, she is ambushed and stabbed by him in the Season 2 finale, but makes a quick recovery.
Season 1 (10/10)
Season 2 (13/14)
- Emma: "Do you really think a party is a good idea tonight, Brooke?"
- Brooke: "Ugh. It's a prayer ritual. People in mourning get thirsty."
- — Emma and Brooke discussing Nina's memorial party
- Brooke: "I can't focus on The Goodbye Girl when my dad is doing Gone Girl."
- Brooke: "That is Riley's seat...Forever." - To the female student who sat on the seat that belonged to the deceased Riley.
- Brooke: ''You're like a caveman; dumb, crass and barely housebroken.''
- Brooke: "You're a tough bitch Audrey"
- Brooke: "Well, boys are not iPhones. I wish they were."
- Brooke: "All you people who think you know about the Lakewood Six. You don't know us. Not really."
- Brooke: "Do you really want to get into this family's legacy of lying and breaking promises?"
- Brooke: "That night at the pool, he wanted to take me to the carnival. I wanted to say yes."
- Brooke: "Well, they took my clothes. Do they have anything else for me to wear, or do they want me to wander the halls naked?"
- Brooke: ''Congratulations, Lakewood. Happy one hundred years of lying to yourself. Lakewood is cursed. People die in this town. All the time and we act like nothing happened.''
- Brooke: ''Noah, please don't go all meta on me right now, I need you guarding this door with me.''
- Brooke: ''Well, if it's you I will defend myself with this little hook thing.'' - To Noah warning him if he would be the killer.
- Brooke: "He was really beautiful."
- Maggie: "You scared me."
- Brooke: "How long has he been like this?"
- Maggie: "I can't comment on an open case and these are just initial findings."
- — Brooke and Maggie discussing about Jake's time of death.
- Brooke: "What do you want?"
- The Lakewood Slasher: "Mm, if it isn't daddy's little girl."
- — Phone call between Brooke and the Lakewood Slasher.
- Her father, Quinn Maddox was the mayor of Lakewood.
- Her mother, Monica, is in drug rehab outside of Lakewood.
- She had a secret sexual relationship with her former teacher, Seth Branson.
- She has been attacked the most out of all the characters.
- She is considered a fan favorite.
- She has a rebellious, feisty, sassy and sometimes "bitchy" personality similar to Tatum Riley. She is also quite resourceful and clever like Tatum as well.
- She had a Porsche Cayenne in the first season but later drives Range Rover Sports car by season two.
- Brooke and Emma share a similar experience in the discovery of the dead bodies of their former boyfriends.
- Brooke is one of the members of the Lakewood Six.
- She is ranked fourth by Gustavo Acosta.
- In Happy Birthday to Me, Jake's death is revealed to the public when his corpse falls from an open banner to the ground, with his blood splattering all over Brooke.
- In Village of the Damned, Brooke let out a rant about the tragic events in Lakewood at the Lady of the Lake contest.
- She had another speech planned but changed her mind due to being under the influence of alcohol.
- The Vanishing is the first episode Brooke doesn't appear in in the whole series.
- She is the seventh person in the series to get a call from the killer.
- She is stabbed twice by the killer, eventually revealed to be Kieran, in When a Stranger Calls but makes a quick recovery.
- In Halloween, Brooke's birthday is revealed as 28 March 1999 on her NYU application form.
- She is the second character in the series to have their birthday revealed, the first being Kieran Wilcox.
- It is unknown if Brooke was really best friends with Lakewood’s former Queen Bee, Nina Patterson.
Character Photos and Stills
|TV Series Characters|
|Lakewood Five||Emma Duval • Audrey Jensen • Brooke Maddox • Noah Foster • Miguel Acosta|
|Lakewood Residents||Maggie Duval • Gustavo Acosta • Kristin Lang • Gina McLane|
|Previous Lakewood Residents||Kieran Wilcox • Eli Hudson • Zoë Vaughn • Jake Fitzgerald • Seth Branson • Quinn Maddox • Haley Meyers • Tina Hudson • Eddie Hayes • Kevin Duval • Clark Hudson • Nina Patterson • Rachel Murray • Riley Marra • Tyler O'Neill • Will Belmont • Brandon James • Piper Shaw|
|Lakewood Slasher(s)||Piper Shaw • Kieran Wilcox • Third Killer|
|The Deadfast Club||Marcus Elliot • Kym • Liv Reynolds|
|Atlanta Residents||Sherry Elliot • Mr. Fitch • Mrs. Pell • Officer Reynolds • Hawkins • Coach Griffin • Becky|
|Previous Atlanta Residents||Beth • Jay Elliot • Deion Elliot • Tommy Jenkins • Amir Ayoub • Shane • Manny • B. Westbrook • Hook Man • Latavious • Avery Collins|
|Ghostface(s)||Beth • Jay Elliot|