- "Don't take this the wrong way, but you guys are black and in horror, that's pretty much an insta-kill."
Beth, a resident goth girl and a local tattoo artist is an unapologetic fan of horror films. She is outspoken about her encyclopedic knowledge of movie murder — which is sure to come in handy with a killer on the loose.
Beth was a self-claimed born sociopath with an obsession for horror movies. She watched every film she could get her hands on and it still wasn’t enough to satiate her thirst for violence. Believing that she could be a better killer then any Slashers she’d seen on film, she pined for an origin story that would do her justice. Her prayers were answered when she met Jamal Elliot, who came into the tattoo parlour where she worked, there was an instant connection between them as they both carried an inner darkness.
Jay would eventually reveal to Beth his tragic past, including the secret that his half-brother Marcus had stolen the identity of their deceased brother Deion. Seizing the opportunity, she seduced and manipulated Jay into kick-starting a killing spree with her. Using the costume Deion was wearing the night he died, they targeted those they saw as “hypocrites” (including Marcus), acting one way on the ”outside” but actually being someone completely different “inside”. Beth integrated herself with their intended victims, pretending to also be target of the Killer and joining the group who she herself christened The Deadfast Club .
While being in detention, Beth left Jamal to commit his own vision while hiding in plane sight. She used her knowledge about horror movies to pretend she's guiding her fellow survivors. The first phase of her plan was flirting with Amir, who initially refused her advances, in order to gain the first person who completely believe her lies.
Later that night, Beth tracked Shane down and called him out for being a drug dealer, moments before trapping him under a ladder and injecting him an overdose through his eye.
At the night came after, she went with Kym and Manny to the countryside, and secretly cut Kym's tires. Kym was conviced that the culprits were a group of rednecks and confronted them. This drove her and Manny into a heated argument, causing them to split.The rednecks chased Kym, and Beth and Manny went to investigate the killer's involvment. Beth lost one of her shoes during the investigation, and used it to ditch Manny. She dressed like ghostface, threw Manny inside a car and bruned the corn field sorrounding them, and as a result, Manny was burned alive inside the car.
The next night was used to commit the second phase of her plan, which involved Amir coming to her house, and using him for her own enjoyment before sending Jamal to attack him. Amir escaped from Jamal, but got caught by Beth, who personally cut him vertically with a bone saw using the elevator.
The third phase of her plan was commited during a party, when she pretended to join Kym in her struggle to find the killer in time. Her original plan for this phase to track down Liv and frame her as the final part of her plan, but was forced to take a holt and killed Jamal after the latter attempted to tell the police about her.
The fourth and final phase of her plan involved framing Liv and being closed with her at the same room long enough to shoot her when she was off-guard. Unfortunately for her, Liv was on to her during a converstation about Amir's death, and promptly knocked her out with a broken flag pole. Marcus rushed Liv's aid, knowing she isn't the killer. He was initially worried to see her covered with blood, until Beth came up and revealed it's her blood. She drew a gun, shot Marcus and left him behind in the favor of chasing Liv. After a long chase to the roof, Beth started to close on Liv, and talked about her wish to prove she's the best killer, aside with taking pride at her sociopathic nature and dislike toward hypocrites. Before she could resume the assault, Marcus surprised her from behind and knocked her out with his football helmet, causing her to fall down through the glass.
At her final moments, she saw Marcus and Liv regaining their breath, only to be confronted by Kym, holding them at a gun point. Beth attempted to use the distraction for one final attempt to chop Marcus and Liv, but Kym quickly shot her to death.
|Crime Scene Photo||Victim||COD||Episode|
|Latavious||Throat Slit||Devil's Night|
|Shane||Stabbed in eye with syringe, overdosed on drugs||Devil's Night|
|Manny||Burned alive in Car Fire||The Man Behind the Mask|
|Amir Ayoub||Stabbed through back with bone-saw, bisected by rising lift||Ports in the Storm|
|B. Westbrook||Stabbed in head, lit on fire||Blindspots|
|Jamal Elliot||Stabbed multiple times with trash picker, blood loss||Blindspots/Endgame|
Season 3 (6/6)
- It was revealed that Beth had hooked up with Avery in their freshman year of high school, but Avery didn't call her since.
- At the start of the season, Beth and Shane was in a no-strings attached, sexual based relationship. However, Beth called it off once she thought Shane was Ghostface. Despite Shane not being Ghostface, Beth called it off anyway due to the fact that Shane couldn't shoot Ghostface when he had Ghostface at gun point.
- Throughout the season, Beth was getting closer to Amir, despite the fact that she had a thing with Shane. Beth and Amir eventually get together after she realised that he accepted her for who she is. They slept together, but soon after, she killed Amir. She even used him to convince herself she's a good person, claiming she warned him to stay away from her.
- Her relationships with Jay and Shane can be seen very similar to Jill Roberts relationships to Charlie Walker and Trevor Sheldon from Scream 4.
- Beth's friendships with Kym and Liv are similar to Jill's friendships with Kirby Reed and Olivia Morris, as well as Piper Shaw's relationships to Emma and Audrey
- Beth and Kym's friendship is similar with Nancy Loomis friendly attitude to Gale Weathers in Scream 2. Meanwhile her relationship with Liv is similar to Jill and Sidney.
- Her main reason to choose Liv as her scapegoat was because she was jealous toward Liv's ability to gain friends without manipulating them.
- Kym was willing to form an uneasy alliance with her in order to catch the killer. However, as revealed moments before Kym finally killed her, Kym wasn't completely fooled by Beth even when she suspected Liv.
Don't take this the wrong way, but you guys are black and in horror, that's pretty much an insta-kill.
Like I said, always knew I was a sociopath
BETH TO LIV REYNOLDS AFTER HER KILLER IDENTITY IS REVEALED TO HER BY BOTH MARCUS AND LIV AT SCHOOL AFTER HOURS.
I knew (that) if I could kill him, I could kill anybody.
BETH’S MONOLOGUE TO MARCUS AND LIV AFTER REVEALING HER KILLING HER CRUSH AMIR GAVE HER STRENGTH TO PROCEED WITH KILLING THE OTHER VICTIMS, DESPITE HAVING KILLED 1 BEFORE.
- Beth is a high school student at Weaver High School.
- She is a member of The Deadfast Club.
- Despite the film reference, which makes her (according to Kym), seemingly and accordingly like Allison Reynolds (The Basket Case), yet she is more similar to John Bender in some aspects (Rebel).
- She is the second and final Ghostface killer to die, as well as the accomplice with more kills than her partner.
- Beth is very similar to Randy Meeks, Kirby Reed, Robbie Mercer and Noah Foster in that, she is a horror enthusiast, who is all too familiar with the common tropes in the genre. However, after the reveal, Beth proved herself to be more similar to Jill Roberts, while also having similarities to Amber Freeman.
- Beth turns out to be Ghostface, alongside with Jay as her accomplice.
- Her and Jay are the fourth woman-man duo in the franchise overall since Nancy Loomis and Mickey Altieri in Scream 2, Jill Roberts and Charlie Walker in Scream 4, and Piper Shaw and Kieran Wilcox in Season 1 and 2, as well as the last recent, as Amber Freeman and Richie Kirsch join in as 5th from the fifth and new Scream (2022).
- All the women had led the men in accompanying their motive and murder sprees (except for Beth, who helped accomplice Jay's motive to expose Marcus).
- Beth is the first main killer in the entire franchise to not have a deep motive, instead being incited to help Jay (similar to Roman helping Billy to kill his and his half-sister Sidney's mother for causing the split of Billy's parents due to his father's affair with her, as well as luring Stu as an accomplice).
- Beth was finally killed by Kym. She was killed in a similar fashion to Jill and Roman
- In a promotional teaser, Beth is called 'The Goth'.
- The last words Beth ever heard was Kym's statement about killers who comes back for a second round. This is an homage to what Sidney recites to Mickey and Mrs. Loomis in Scream 2. This statement indicates that despite manipulating Kym and having the others into suspecting her scapegoat Liv, Kym always suspected Beth, and was well prepared to Beth's final attempt on Marcus and Liv's lives, much like Sidney was suspicious of everyone, even those she cared for, in each film.
- Beth is one of the most insane killers to date in the franchise. Unlike most Ghostfaces, who had more definite motives, Beth killed for proving herself she's the ultimate evil, and a better killers than horror icons such as Michael Myers, Jason Vorhees, and Freddy Krueger.
|TV Series Characters|
|Lakewood Five||Emma Duval • Audrey Jensen • Brooke Maddox • Noah Foster|
|Lakewood Residents||Maggie Duval • Miguel Acosta • Gustavo Acosta • Kristin Lang • Gina McLane|
|Previous Lakewood Residents||Kieran Wilcox • Eli Hudson • Zoë Vaughn • Jake Fitzgerald • Seth Branson • Quinn Maddox • Haley Meyers • Tina Hudson • Eddie Hayes • Kevin Duval • Clark Hudson • Nina Patterson • Rachel Murray • Riley Marra • Tyler O'Neill • Will Belmont • Brandon James • Piper Shaw|
|Lakewood Slasher(s)||Piper Shaw • Kieran Wilcox • Third Killer|
|The Deadfast Club||Marcus Elliot • Kym • Liv Reynolds|
|Atlanta Residents||Sherry Elliot • Mr. Fitch • Mrs. Pell • Officer Reynolds • Hawkins • Coach Griffin • Becky|
|Previous Atlanta Residents||Beth • Jamal Elliot • Deion Elliot • Tommy Jenkins • Amir Ayoub • Shane • Manny • B. Westbrook • Hook Man • Latavious • Avery Collins|
|Ghostface(s)||Beth • Jamal Elliot|